Best exhaust for money?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by RaBicaN, Oct 10, 2003.

1. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

Hey i didnt wana spend alot on an exhaust setup, is just a muffler good or is headers and pipping a must??

What cheapest setup that sounds good? I want it loud but nice sounding...

pics/type/$$??

thanks!

2. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Can you be anymore vague?

3. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

Lol

Whats a good muffler that sounds good thats not to much money?

Is headers a must or is a muffler good?

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

what the hell is going on im going to assume the honda 250r i suggest an lrd adjutabel pipe and silecner

5. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

what about on a suzuki sv650s?

6. rider

rider New Member

are you going to race it at the track or do you just want it for looks and/or sound?

if it's just looks and sound, you just need a slip-on (just the mid-pipe and the can), but if you're gonna go to the track, you probably want a full system which is quite a bit more.

i don't know too much about exhaust systems on an sv650, but on my R6 i have a Leovince Titanium Highmount slip-on. sounds good, looks good, cost about $450. other exhaust manufacturers are hindle, yoshimura, vance and hines, m4, blueflame, mig, arata, and many others.

here's mine...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

looks pretty hot, got any sound clips? Yea i prob wont race it at the track, if so just to see what she would run...thanks for pics/cost

slip on means bolt on or what?
    does any welding need to be done?

can you jet a bike if you dont get full exhaust?/will you still get big gains?

8. rider

rider New Member

thanks, my boyfriend got me the exhaust for my birthday in july. :wiggle:

mine was just a slip-on meaning exactly that. it came with the midpipe and the can and just slipped right over my existing headers (i think that's what they're called). :) i am guessing that bolt-ons are the same thing and that when you order the exhaust, it will come with all the parts you need to get it onto your bike. you probably won't need to bring it to a shop to put it on. me and my boyfriend figured it out pretty easily. the pipes should come together really tightly and you won't need to weld anything, but for mine, since the midpipe didn't fit over the stock gasket, we had to remove the existing gasket and use silicon pasty stuff to create a homemade gasket. it's a little messy, but it works fine. we probably didn't even need it since it fit pretty good already. we were just being safe :)

if your bike is carbureted (which i don't really know about sv650s that much so you might want to find a sv650 forum), then you'll probably need to get it jetted. at very least, you should get it on a dyno and see how the results turn out. if it seems fine on the dyno, then you won't have to rejet which is cool. if your bike is fuel injected, you might need to buy a power commander or whatever and get the maps from the manufacturer so that the fuel-air ratio is correct. i haven't done that with my bike because the manufacturer for my exhaust said it didn't need to be done, but i'll probably do it later on just to make sure that she's running correctly.

but like i said, i'm still pretty damn new at this. there are some other people on this forum that know way more about it than me. but i thought i'd try and see if i can at least give you what little info i know. :wavey: hope i helped!

9. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

:) thanks

10. rider

rider New Member

no problem! :)

11. Wolf

Wolf No one plans to take the path that brings you lowe

Just for sound, all you need is a slip on. The Micron or M4 sounds good. If you want actual performance (which you don't need yet as you're just starting out with riding), you'd want a full system.

Suggestion- Do not buy a new exhaust now. You're just going to end up dropping the bike and scratching it up. Keep the stock stuff in place for a couple months till you get used to riding.

12. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

A buddy of mine just got a Two-Bros slip on for his SV. Sounds pretty good. :bigthumb:

But can you believe that on the SV you have to take a hacksaw and cut the old pipe off? WTF is that all about?

13. RaBicaN

RaBicaN New Member

jesus lol