Best engine bay detailing chemicals?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by somebody5788, May 11, 2008.

1. somebody5788

somebody5788 New Member

Well right now I have like 50% of the accessories out of my engine bay and I think now would be a great time to detail it. I tried soap and water and its just not going to cut it but I have never had any real success w/ generic engine degreaser so I am wondering what others have used w/ success. Brand, product, and where I can get it would be the most helpful.

2. xivera

xivera Active Member

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Engine Bay.......
    Purple Power 1:1
    (Found at auto stores.)
    Top with Armor All Tire Foam. Close hood. Start engine. Let run for 10 minutes and let sit for another 10. Open hood and enjoy.

A pressure washer is a must to me. Being 50% air saves a chance of damaging components and speeds up the time. You can actually do this in a self serve car wash bay!

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

with the green/yellow tire soap as well. I usually start the engine, soak it down with the tire soap, pre-soak the car, the high pressure soap the engine.

5. daNattyFatty

daNattyFatty New Member

have you noticed a brown, gunky buildup on whatever you use the tire foam on? i've noticed that on a few engines where the person used tire foam. i don't think it's formulated to withstand the kind of temps you have under the hood.

6. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Gotta agree here. I got angry and broke my power washers nozzle the other day or I would be using it on EB's as well. This is the exact methodology that I use as well except substitute PP for Castrol Super Degreaser on occassionm.