Best Enclosure for 2 12" Cerwin Vega DVC's...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by alnen, Aug 27, 2002.

1. alnen

alnen Guest

For use in a 2nd Gen. Integra (a hatchback for those who don't know), what would the best box be? I listen mostly to rock and a little rap. I want something that will be loud and have quality sound. I am mainly deciding between ported and bandpass, leaning towards ported. Can you show me what you think my best bet would be (premade)? How much do custom boxes normally run? Thanks!!!

2. idontgiveashit

idontgiveashit I eat rice

why dont you do a sealed box if you want clarity, they would probably be your best bet if your going to use a shitty prefab that isnt built you your specifications of the subs, so the port may be too long/short, too much airspace, where sealed you can usually get closer to wehre you need to be.

3. 04

04 Guest

A vented enclosure can still have sound quality, it is just easier to work with a sealed design in a car, because of cabin gain. You do not loose clarity nessecarily by going from sealed to vented. But if he listens to rap and rock, he probably wants a lot of bass, so I would say that he should go with ported. However, if he is going with a prefabricated enclosure, sealed would probably be a better option.

4. alnen

alnen Guest

OK, so you're saying if I go pre-fab, get sealed, if I go custom, get ported. How much would a decent custom box cost? I love my music and would be willing to spend some more bucks on a decent box. Thanks!

5. alnen

alnen Guest

Oh and also would it be best to order off the net or try and find a local place. I don't know if places around me are experienced to do it. i can't do it, I am not carpentologically inclined.