A&P Best Digital Camera for ~250.00?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by mtellin, Feb 21, 2004.

1. mtellin

mtellin The sea was angry that day my friends......like an

I'm about to spend 250.00 or so to replace my digital camera, I was looking at the Nikon Coolpix 3100. Is this a good choice? Is there a different one around that price you'd recommend? I dont want to spend over $250. I know little about cameras/photography, its replacing a Fuji A101 so I'm sure anything will be better than what I have :)

2. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

The Nikon 3100 is a decent enough camera - very small which is nice.

Take a look at the Canon A70, it does take damn fine images as I have come to discover. If you can stomach the weird look of it, look into the Minolta S414, it has a good cult following that appreciate it for its nice image quality and features. If you want a big zoom camera for not alot of cash, look into the Fuji S3000, 6x optical zoom is twice what you will find on typical point-n-shoot cameras, but it does suffer from poor low light focusing, so if you shoot indoors alot, you will probably be less than thrilled with that aspect. I'm sure there are other models out there you may like just as much or maybe even more than the ones I've mentioned, but those are the ones that stand out in my mind.

3. Yeahdoug

Yeahdoug OT Supporter

4. mtellin

mtellin The sea was angry that day my friends......like an

Thanks for the advice guys, checked around a bit and decided to pick up the A70 for ~250.00 and bought a 256 mb compact flash for ~50.00 :)

5. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

The Nikon will have better image quality than the Canon, but the A70 has ALOT more features.