Best Deck for under $275?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Justin-'95Cobra, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Justin-'95Cobra

Justin-'95Cobra New Member

Dont need anything too fancy. Its for my 99 tacoma prerunner extra cab, hooking it up to a Kicker ZR360 Amp and one 10" l7 solo baric sub.
    Just want something decent for a good price. thanks

2. 04

04 Guest

What features do you need it to have?

3. Justin-'95Cobra

Justin-'95Cobra New Member

Just the standard stuff I guess, sub control, 50x4 output. But I dont want it to be all ugly. Im looking at the Alpine CDA-7995 and the CDA-9807 but Im not sure how they are.

What features should I be looking for?

4. 04

04 Guest

Honestly?

All you need is a pair of preamp outputs (I would want one with 2 pair though). As for the 50x4, that doesnt mean anything, pretty much all the decks have the same power output, and its a lot closer to 10w x 4 than 50w x 4. You might want a unit with mp3 playback.

As for things such as time delay, parametric eq's, and stuff like that, unless you are an advanced user, you arent going to find much use for them.

As for those two decks, you don't necesarily need to spend around 300 dollars. It sounds like you just want a reliable, nice looking deck right? You don't really need the flashy graphics, or dsps? You could probably find something that would work for you in the 200 dollar range.

5. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

I just got an Alpine CDA-9807 for $200 off ebay. It is nice, it has 3 sets of 4-volt preamp outputs, so that would be good for your sub amp. They (alpine) claim the actual rms output for the deck power to be 23 watts rms. It is real nice, I have only used it for 2 days, but it sounds good, and has the sub control which is nice. I think that kicker amps have the option of a remote, wired bass control.