Best deal on a Smartphone?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, May 23, 2009.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So I'm going to be looking for a new phone when I return from Iraq. I had a Blackberry Curve with Sprint and was still over $100/month (canceled before I left). Is it possible to get a Smartphone and a plan that would be less than $100? Maybe less than $90?

I always go with whatever the lowest minutes plan is as I don't talk that much during peak hours. All 4 major carriers are in my area. Not so much with Alltel.

2. Anudist

Anudist Turnin' Jesus on, one lightswitch at a time.

Anything with a dataplan is likely to cost you at LEAST 80 bucks a month. My iPhone (was on Blackberry before which was the same) is 80/month.

3. element4all

element4all Active Member

my data plan with Verizon is only 30 for the data a month,

4. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

The Blackberry pack with Sprint was like $30/mo. Unlimited txt, data and Sprint TV. I could just re-activate my 8330 if thats the best option. I'm hoping they get the Bold or the newer Curve by the time I'm home.

5. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

I've got AT&T with a Blackberry 8820.

With 200 texts ($5), 450 anytime minute plan ($39), and unlimited data ($30) It comes to about $75. I have a work discount though so my bill is usually $70/month after taxes.

If you don't get a Blackberry data plan, the unlimited data plan is only $15 instead of $30. For example, I configured the Samsung Eternity this way and it's only $60/month before taxes.

It's possible to get the minimum voice/text plan and unlimited data plan for under $75/month. You just can't have an iPhone or Blackberry, as their plans are more expensive for whatever reason.

6. Scud

Scud I'm an aquired taste.

The BB Curve is a great phone. The BB Tour is coming out in the near future, but if you want a cool phone and stick with sprint, the Palm Pre is great and goes for $90 plan.