MIL Best day of work ever!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Blackfox, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

So I had one of my new soldiers tell me to fuck off when I told him to do pushups for mouthing off and then saying kick me the fuck out, I made more money selling coke when I was out of the Army. Man I love the quality soldiers that are coming in now. I can't wait to get out....

2. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

one of the very few instances where paperwork is probably your best bet

3. luke2o9

luke2o9 New Member

Seriously kick his ass...I would have.

4. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

no, you wouldn't have. unless you're a total friggin idiot

5. hsugh knight

hsugh knight Guest

are you a gril?

6. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Paper trail, discharge, problem solved.

7. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

Yea I've already started the article 15 packet and everything, but it's so hard to kick someone out of the Army nowadays, trust me I've gone through the ordeal 3 times already. There are also so many soldiers that should be long gone but are just hanging around, for instance, a soldier who has 7 offenses against him, 4 of which are drug related.

8. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

I think it really has to do with who they are letting in and just goes to show how much basic training has really changed the Army. It used to be I would get new soldiers and they would be shit hot, scared and hooah. Now I got guys who are shitbags, come out of basic broken, no respect, no discipline. It's really frustrating.

9. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

then you are failing as an NCO.

10. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

BURN

11. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

FACE

12. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

how is he failing as an NCO :dunno:

13. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

Yes because as an NCO I should not only be the company FSNCO/FSO, but also the recruiter, and the drill sergeant that is with the new soldiers until they get to their unit ensuring that the highest quality of soldiers are being put into the Army. What you said is such a fucking cop out. I don't see how what these new guys are coming in as is me failing as an nco? I've got shitbags before deploying and got them combat ready and took them over and they did incredible work while deployed and I brought them back alive. Wow, you are truly an idiot and most likely the perfect example of the shit I'm talking about coming out of basic now.

14. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

if they are shitbags coming to you then train them up. if you've done it before stop bitching.

work with what you've got. if your soldier is telling you to fuck off when you've told him to drop there is either something seriously wrong with that soldier or there is something seriously wrong with you and your leadership style

15. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

different soldiers respond to different types of leadership. its not the soldiers responsibility to adapt to their NCOs style of leading, its the NCOs duty to adapt and lead soldiers how they deserve to be led.

there is no fucking excuse for that type of disrespect towards an NCO, but it should have been identified and brought out before it became an issue, regardless of how new the soldier is. its always obvious who has an attitude problem and it should be dealt with immediately before it gets to that point.

16. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

HAHAHA, uhh the leadership was, this was the first day I met the soldier, he was mouthing of and showing a total lack of respect and I told him to drop and then he told me to fuck off. So now tell me what leadership style I executed there?

17. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

douchebaggery.

i find it really hard to believe that this shit happened so soon after you met him, and if it did, then you can blame the other NCOs in your company who encountered him before you did.

18. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

Ok I have a serious issue with what you just said because it is exactly why things are so fucked up in the Army now. You do not join the Army for it to conform to you, you must conform to the Army. There are rules and regulations, rank structure, chain of command, ect. You must go from being "free" to taking orders and executing and LISTENING AND TRUSTING YOUR LEADERSHIP because they have the knowledge and experience. I believe in adapting to different soldiers behaviors and understanding how the best way to work with a soldier to get them to do what needs to be done, but in no way at all should leadership conform to some new soldier that 6 years ago would have never made it through basic training. What you just said what so wrong in so many ways....

19. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

He came to the unit when we were at JRTC and this happened today which was literally the first day I have ever seen the soldier.

20. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

you're cherrypicking right now. regardless of how you THINK the army should be like, you need to deal with how it IS. and yes, you do need to provide the best possible leadership in the most efficient way for each different soldier, thats part of your fucking job.

21. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

I'm not suggesting you bend down and kiss this kids ass but if he's acting this way, he has a problem that pushups aren't going to fix. and its your job as a leader to figure out his malfunction, fix it, and get his ass straight.

obviously he's bucking your authority for some reason or another. why? is he acting this way to other NCOs or just you?

22. Blackfox

Blackfox Active Member

I'm not going to change the way I have been leading because it has been working and has been proven. Just because some shitbag comes along isn't going to make me work around him. That's not fair to my other soldiers and is a serious hindrance on the efficiency of my team. May I ask what MOS and branch you are?

23. FalconXtreme

FalconXtreme w3rd

the question is.... mik what would u have done in fox's situation?

24. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

your problem isn't they way you've BEEN leading, its how you are leading right now.

Whats fair for your other soldiers is for you to figure out his problem and do what you can as an NCO to fix it and make him an effective part of your team. the only thing thats going to hinder your ability to work as an effective unit is an asshole private and a dickhole NCO butting heads all the fucking time.

regardless of how hooah you think you are or how good you think your shit smells, its your job to fix this kid, either through pushups, paperwork, or a good ole'fashioned high school counselor jam session where you guys sit down and figure out why he's being a fuckhead.

25. mikdavi84

mikdavi84 OT Supporter

drop his ass. if he told me to fuck off I would have seperated him from any other soldiers, called in a higher ranking NCO and sat him down and had a serious come to jesus talk with him. if he deemed it necessary I would push papers on him with the harshest concequences I could get to stick in order to make an example of him.