Best Buy getting Apple section in Chattanooga

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Chadder007, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Chadder007

Chadder007 OG Diamond Member

:run:
    Not an Apple store but at least they will have some hardware close by to me now to check out when new things come out.

2. Pitt

Pitt 1-1-11 — Never Forget OT Supporter

don't be too sure.

I've got two best buys near me and they still don't have the new MBP's.

also expect the service to be inept.

I went in a few weeks after aperture 2 was released to see if they had it to demo.

they still had aperture 1.5 and it was an expired demo.

apple rep said he'd have aperture 2 up and running the next day for me to try, but when I got there he said he couldn't install it because best buy didn't have it in stock and it was an apple rule that they can't demo software if it isn't in stock. :hsugh:

3. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

i talked to one of the managers a couple weeks ago and she said they should be getting their stuff around the 26th.

looks like its going to happen

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The Best Buy closest to me has a full Apple section within the store but it's also right across the highway from their corporate headquarters so I'm sure it's some kinda test store. They always have everything first.

5. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

You bet...that store is top notch. They don't play around at Corporate in Minnesota.

Also, Best Buy has three different types of "Apple Stores" depending on the type and size of store that it is. Service will be different depending on the employee you talk to so don't just label them all the same. Also, some stores will have actual Apple Reps inside Best Buy and others will simply have Apple products on display with blue shirts selling them.

6. snoozeallday

snoozeallday OT Supporter

The CompUSA store in my city closed down, so bestbuy is going to start carrying all apple products here.

Pretty sweet.