best bluetooth headset?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Scrumtrilescent, Jan 22, 2006.

1. Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent There is no word to describe its perfection, so I

Anyone have a take on which is the best bluetooth headset? I've tried researching on cnet and such but it seems like for every good comment one gets it has an equally negative comment...any personal experience?

2. zennoodle

zennoodle ...hmm must've misplaced my socks

Do you like the jabra style where it goes all the way around your ear or ones that go in your ear? I have used over 20+ headsets ranging from plantronics to motorola to jabra to sonyericsson and nokia...

what is your preference and what is your experience with headsets if any?

3. Scrumtrilescent

not a whole lot, i had a cheap plantronics one with a cord that had this thing that went around my ear and a foam pad that sat on my ear...i loved till my dog chewed it up. basicly i don't really care too much if its in ear or out. i'm mainly just concered with it having great sound/mic quality and comfort for long time use. i work in a lab so i need something that i can wear for hours without it pissing me off. whats the best one you've used so far?

4. zennoodle

What kind of phone are you using now. Some headsets work better than others with certain phones. I will be testing one more headset this week and then I can reply to this thread with my final results. I have a Jabra JX10 on the way. This is my 2nd or 3rd headset that supports DSP so we shall see how it goes. :)

5. Scrumtrilescent

Im about to get getting a moto Pebl or the moto slvr L7, i cant make up my mind yet. I was looking into just getting the moto headset cause it seemed, but im not sure since ive read a few crappy reviews...but then again ive read a few crappy reviews for about every headset it seems.

6. zennoodle

If you want the same branded headset. I would recommend the H500 by Motorola. Nice and loud. The quiet one is the HS850. I have a couple of those I will sell you for almost nothing if you REALLY want one haha.

7. Scrumtrilescent

i don't really care about having the same brand, ive just heard it makes pairing them easier. i just want hands down the best one, i don't want a crappy one. just as long as i can hear clearly and they can hear me clearly, thats all i care about. how much do you want for the one your talking about just out of curiosity.

8. ihkskim

ihkskim OT Supporter

jabra jx10

9. zennoodle

The JX10 is pretty sweet, I also have one of those for sale. :)

10. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

keep in mind that the ones that just sit on your ear as opposed to IN your ear are more likely to seem like they have a lower volume. I couldn't hear on my motorola headset, but the cheapo one I bought from Buy.com worked excellent.

11. zennoodle

Wrong. compare the motorola hs850 to the h500...both just sit outside your ear...the H500 is much louder.

12. zennoodle

Those are kinda cool. I had a couple of those and sold them already :)

13. DarqueGT

DarqueGT New Member

ones that sit ON the ear are more prone to outside noises breaking up the clarity of the call.....but this was just my experience. the ones that sit in the ear are more uncomfortable, i've found, but you can tend to hear better on them.

14. zennoodle

Yeah motorola headsets suck cause if someone bumps you, you can lose the thing. Jabra, plantronics, sony ericsson make some decent ones. nokia has some great bluetooth technology too and the majority of their headsets clip onto the ear. hard to explain. go to nokia's website to see what I'm talking about.

15. is3lost

is3lost New Member

plantronics 510 is nice and cheap, got mine from buy.com

16. ooa4oo

ooa4oo New Member

moto h5 miniblue is supposed to be good..u can find it around if you look hard enough right now.

17. flyinace09

flyinace09 New Member

Motorola H300 was a good one for me. It paired great, no background noise, and its really loud. I'm also really bad about packing chargers when i travel, so the added plus for me was that it took a standard AAA battery and thats it. I've probably had it on standby for 25 hours and talked about 6 hours on it and there's no indication that the battery is going to need changing any time soon