Best blended protein mix?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Soren, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

I'm seeing some very expensive blended protein mix containing micellar casein. One of them however costs $47 for 5lbs as opposed to $32 for 2 lbs that most others costs. It's called syntrax Matrix 5.0 and contains pretty much everything the other blends contain. Why is it so cheap?

2. Xenogenesis

Xenogenesis What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about?!

could be something so simple as to where its made.... *shrugs*

3. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

nobody knows how much casein is in Matrix, and Syntrax won't say

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

wtf ? I wanted to get some sort of protein blend, I guess I won't take the Matrix one then. Anyway, here in Canada it's 15-20$ more than the cheapest protein so...

5. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

What do you take?

6. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Yeah, I'm still looking for something with a sustained released and I haven't found anything all that interesting yet. I can't seem to find a good shop in Canada that holds casein protein or some sort of blend that's both interesting AND cheap yet I have at least gone through 12+ websites.
    So yeah, I'm looking for a protein powder and also a store where to get it from (in Canada preferably but I'm gonna check if there would be duty fees on that).

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I guess I'm gonna try Dynatimize Mega Milk which is a meal replacement powder but has a great nutrition profile for when I want to take it. I want to get a slow digesting protein to drink between meals and before bed and it has casein listed has the first ingredient and has lots of healthy fats (which I was adding myself by putting flaxmeal in my shakes).

8. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

www.johnberardi.com lists his favorite protein blends. Near the top is Propeptide which can be found in Canada. However, I'm contemplating trying out Metabolic Drive through T-nation. That's the replacement for Grow! which a lot of people on that website have raved about. Duties is basically taxes so same shit as from buying in Canada.

I might check out that Mega Milk though.

9. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Wow. I just checked out Mega Milk. It's pretty damn convincing. I've never heard of it until now though so I'm sort of skeptical. And what are the good fats anyway? You get 18g of fat from 1 serving. That's a lot of fat!

And if it's cheap does it mean it has less casein in it or what? I don't understand why it can be so cheap vs. the expensive products.

10. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Well, 18g of fat is for two scoops. I wanted to take a scoop of Mega Milk and one of regular whey to get a little more protein instead of fats and still get casein but still, fats help to slow the absorption rate so it would be perfect before bed.
    I wonder why it's so hard to find a milk protein blend that would have 80% casein and 20% whey in it, that'd be perfect.

11. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

I'm not sure, when I import something it can cost a LOT more than just the taxes because they charge you a fee if they opened it and so on, especially with UPS (like www.allthewhey.com uses, I would have bought from they otherwise). Plus, shipping cost are twice the price because of the distance.

12. Soren

Soren OT Supporter

Isn't milk concentrate 80%casein/20% whey?

BTW, Mega Milk is almost like a copycat of Muscle Milk if you look at the nutritional facts. :hsugh:

13. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Milk has 80% casein/20%whey in it, but I was just wondering why it was so hard to find a milk protein blend instead of just a whey protein blend. I think milk protein blends are cheaper than casein but I'm not all that sure but it'd be logical since they wouldn't have to separate the casein and the whey.

14. _Kanwisher!

_Kanwisher! Guest

I got some layaway protein at the local supplement store here, 6 lbs of protein for 19.99

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.