Best BitTorrent Client for Linux?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by coronet, Jan 19, 2006.

1. coronet

coronet Do Andriods Dream of Electric Sheep?

Aug 25, 2003
    I'm gettin' kind of tired of Azureus. Linux was made to be light and fast, and with java using over 300MiB or memory... not a pretty picture. Not to mention if I couple that with another java application... my memory is raped!

So I've been looking around for a BT client that isn't made with Java. And it appears that there isn't too much, sadly. I found KTorrent, a KDE-based torrent client. I've always felt KDE has kind of sloppy coding for a lot of programs, and this was no diffrent; it couldn't connect to torrents! It just read 'Stalled', whether the .torrent was from oink, torrentspy... whereever. Lame.

Then I tried my luck with wikipedia. Sure, I got plenty of results, but a lot of them where terminal-based ( :ugh: ), not-yet-avaliable for Linux, or I couldn't compile them (Python is sooo lame; none of that shit is in my repository). I ended up only being able to use one; Anatomic P2P.

Anatomic was amazing. I've never had a file download so fast (~200 KBps). However, I feel as though it was just luck. And the interface isn't quite what I was looking for. Yay, it had mutilple torrent support, but it wasn't resumable, or had an overview such as Azurues did.

The only thing I can hope for is that one of you knows a client not listed there, or can help me get ABC working. Anyone know of anything awesome?