Best American car 25-35 K range

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by yust4, Nov 9, 2004.

1. yust4

yust4 New Member

I was looking at cars in my price range, and I discovered that there is very few choices out there for a person looking to buy an American car. Of course there is the GTO, but there has gotta be more out there. Ive never been a big fan of Mustangs either, especially the newest models.

2. jonny_ringo74

jonny_ringo74 New Member

Well, I think you just named them all....that's if you are looking for a performance car.

3. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

If you're looking for a newer car, there's the Grand Prix GTP. I've got an '04. Great daily driver and fairly sporty too. You should be able to snag one for 25 grand, easily. Also, mods are dirt cheap on them. All told with power mods, I've spent maybe $1200, and went from low 15's stock to very low 14's/high 13's. Only reason I haven't gone further is because it's a daily driver, and headers and a cam aren't really spectacular for that.

But, depending, you can get a nice daily-driven 13 second machine that'll carry five in comfort with a trunk for a load of groceries, and still annihilate a WRX by 4-5 cars from a stop to 75.;)

:bigthumb:

4. yust4

yust4 New Member

do those GTP's come with manual transmissions?

5. NeoPaladin

NeoPaladin New Member

Nope. 4-speed auto only, but if you get the Comp-G package, it gives you the shifter paddles, which are actually quite good for an auto (will hold a gear pretty much no matter what).

BTW, you can also get a heads-up display on them. HUD = schweet. But if you're looking for a manual tranny, ya gotta look elsewhere. Sorry. :(

6. yust4

yust4 New Member

yeah, right now im driving a 95 bonneville sse. That car was top of the line back in the day. HUD and everything.

7. Supernoma

Supernoma servus publicae OT Supporter

04 GTO. Best interior in a US car outside New Corvettes/Cadillacs.

LS1 engine, 6spd transmission, IRS

8. Fetish

Fetish OT Supporter

You looking for a rwd high HP machine? If so get a cobra. You want a refined 4 door that can outhandle a BMW? Get a Cadillac CTS.

9. Butz

Butz Guest

How about a fully loaded Solstice?!