Besides exercise and diet is there anything I could take to help lose weight/fat ?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Torch, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torch

Torch Platinum Plus Member

To make a long story short I used to workout all the time until I had my first injury. As I was going to physical rehab for that someone hit me with a car when I was on my bike. That fucked up my back real good. I had to lay off of physical activity for about 3.5 years. Over time I have put on weight and I am now free to exercise as I see fit. I know to take things slow in the gym and I have already overhauled my diet. Which, it is not really a diet, but it is something I can stick to for a long time.

When I was working out before I never really had to lose weight because I was not that overweight. Today that is a different story. My max weight about two months ago was 248 now I am 230. I am looking for suggestions of something that I could take along with diet and exercise to help lose fat.

I am aware that there is no miracle pill that will let me sit on my ass and eat bon bons all day. So, I am not looking for a free ride. I am sure there are supplements out there that when combined with diet and exercise routine are more beneficial than just diet and exercise alone.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone has any questions that would help with the suggestion process please ask.

2. vtectyper

vtectyper New Member

Taking pills arent gonna do much. Just have a good diet and a good exercise program. Thats all you really need.

3. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

:ugh:

4. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

:rofl:

5. Torch

:rofl: :rofl: Come on I tried. :rofl: :rofl: It could have been much longer. :noes: :eek3:

6. Torch

I know pills are not going to give me the world, however there has to be something out there that helps. Some of the bitches that work for me are sackriders for that efedra shit. They say it helps and I have seen the difference and these bitches do NOT work out.

7. Elfling

Elfling New Member

The main thing ephedrine (ephedra just got rebanned) will do for you is appetite suppression.

At this point, you really just need to start tracking calories, taking in adequate protein, and getting your workouts back on track. Save any extra help for later. You're coming back, you'll see decent noob gains if you pay attention to your diet and training, and that's the best thing for now imo.

8. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

Clen+T4+ human growth hormone will lean you out right quick.

9. Torch

Ok, I know the mussle memory will help me gain mass and strength at a faster rate because I have been there before and after that I am on my own.

I read something about "Tight" made by SAN. I used to use EAS products when I worked out before so I do not know anything about this. However, my local supplement store (not GNC) recomended the product. Another product they suggested was "Blaze Xtreame" by SAN and LIPO-6 by Nutrex.

Also, anything that would help with enegry would also be good. I have the endurance to go further however, I do not have much enegry after two 1 hour sessions a day.

10. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Two 1 hour sessions a day is overkill anyways.

Let's start simple:

How much are you eating?
    What is your protein intake?
    What is your current workout plan like?

11. LancerV

LancerV Something Happened OT Supporter

Dont forget the dballs :noes:

12. LancerV

Dont ever listen to anyone at GNC

But a few that are good, AMP, Venom Hyperdrive, EC, MAN Scorch. But most of thosse I wouldnt take for the weightless aspect, its ussually the lack of energy I have when I diet which is where they come in handy (Esspically Venom Hyperdrive)

13. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

dumbbell curls

14. Torch

I am not eating that much. A slimfast shake and two eggs in the morning, a homemade sandwitch with turkey and wheat bread with a bananna and yogurt, and for dinner, if i have to eat, something like fruit and a bowl of fiber cerial. Compaired to what I was eating that is a huge change. Three months ago I would have a starbucks coffie with tons of suggar, along with some mcd's for breakfast. I would usually eat something like taco bell for lunch and dinner would be whatever was in my freezer and a desert that I made. Not to mention the alchol and cookies my fat ass was eating. :eek3:

I do not really have much protein in my diet now because muscle building is not what I am trying to acheive now. However, my protein comes from the shake, eggs, turkey, cerial.

My workout plan started with a 3 mile walk once a day. After a few weeks I pushed it up to a 3 mile walk in the morning and a 20 mile bike ride in the evening. Now i do a 20 mile bike ride in the morning followed up by a 3 mile walk/run. In the evening I do a 15 mile bike ride with a 4 mile walk run. Sometimes I will only do one walk/run + ride, but I never go more than two days without doing all four.

I am not really sure this is overkill. I used to spend more time than this in the gym when I was focused on weight lifting.

15. Torch

That is why I am asking around instead of just going with what the d00d at GNC recomended.

Are you saying that of all the products out there for weight loss not one will "help" me if I am working out and eating less? Like I said before some of the ho's that work for me take that "efedra" (sp?) shit and they swear by it. I doubt they would spend money on stuff like that if they did not see some results. However, they are not really that bright to begin with.

Enegry would be helpfull if nothing really would help with weight loss.

16. sweetcheeks

sweetcheeks Patron Saint of Quality Footwear

I heard the sides are quite mild too.

.......:mamoru:

17. knucks

knucks Active Member

i can't believe no one has mentioned it yet...

pin pulls

18. Elfling

Elfling New Member

-You need to start lifting
    -You need at least 1 gr/protein per lb anyways, I eat that much even when doing distance running
    -It doesn't sound like you're actually counting calories, and you should start :wiggle:

19. LancerV

Yea it will help if your diet is in check, but if you diet is crap its not going to be some miracle pill. Maybe half a pound more a week

20. Torch

Like I said in my first post I know there is no miracle pill out there. Otherwise there would not be so many fat women out there. :)

With exercise, reduction in calories plus eating better food I thought there had to be some supplement out there that I could take that would help some. I am not looking for 5 pounds a week, something more along the lines of a pound or two plus more enegry.

21. Torch

Several years ago when I used to lift 5-6 days a week I did not do much cardio and I ate 5 small meals a day with quite a bit of protein. My goal then was muscle mass and increasing strength.

Now my goal is to lose 30-40 pounds not put on mass or anything like that. I am ignorant when it comes to a cardio type diet. I am starting to lift however, I am going sloooow and focusing on form rather than weight or reps. When I lose the weight or close to it I will back way off the cardio, change my diet and start lifting again. Right now that is not my focus.

You are correct I am not actually counting calories, but I do not see how my diet could be the problem. I am not eating much at all.

22. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

you've got the whole lifting = build muscle, cardio = lose fat mentality going on here. It's incorrect. If you had to choose only one or the other, weight training is more effective for fat loss than cardio.

23. Elfling

Elfling New Member

-You still need to lift
    -You still need protein
    -Your diet sucks
    -You need to count your calories and watch your macros
    -No pill is going to help you do all that

24. GND

GND BBP! OT Supporter

if you have the $$ see a nutritionist.

25. Vito_Corleone

Vito_Corleone New Member

Diet pills are the least of your worries, do some reading so you understand why your diet sucks and how to diet/workout properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.