MIL Berkeley Protests Marines

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jung918, Feb 3, 2008.

1. jung918

jung918 Member

I have not been on here for a while and I only checked the first page to see if this was posted. I was surprised no one posted it. I am annoyed by this group as they don't seem to realize that fact that the military does not set foreign policy. I wish I was in Berkeley as I would protest their protest.

Follow up article.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/02/02/BALTUQKOE.DTL

2. kidhero

kidhero not really a hero, really just a big fat phony

3. tunes

tunes OT Supporter

fucking hippies.

4. AlcoLOLic

AlcoLOLic New Member

Damn that follow up article pissed me off.

When a fucking hippy starts to block you and throws elbows and knees against your body, what's to keep you from taking one of the loose ends of the chains and commence beating them with it until they're bloody? You would just be defending yourself...

5. kidhero

6. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

on the window it said Officer recruiting station is that different or than a regular recruiting office?

7. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

It appears that entire city is a joke.

8. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

It would appear so. Yes.

9. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

LOL @ Berkeley for losing its earmarks.

10. kidhero

a lot of them are just bored. i've walked around berkeley in my blues and people would stop and ask me which branch of the military i'm in. they associate anything horribly wrong done by the bush administration with any branch of the military service and they'll attribute abu gharib to being a marine operation even though it's not the case.

for them a victory is plastering pictures and dressing up in orange jump suits and writting fuck you with chalk on the sidewalk.

what's really stupid is how they endorsed obama, who has a foreign policy whereby he wants to increase the military size (60,000 soldiers and 27,000 marines), continue the war on terror by engaging in muslim nations, and leave a permanent contingency force in iraq. but when i, or anyone else tells them that, they just get this dumbfounded look on their forces and fingers in their ears.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  11. Zee

Zee New Member

:werd:

not just earmarks...how about ALL federal funding

12. raand

raand New Member

Take that federal funding away and see how long they hate their local recruiters for giving young men and women a chance to start a life when there may not be another option

Or just remove all federal school funding from there schools and see how much they hate the marines recruiting station..... wow i hate extreemists...

13. lobstertrap

lobstertrap nothing catches lobsters like a lobstertrap

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

14. Zee

Zee New Member

Nice :bigthumb:

their mouths are going to make them go broke.....

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  15. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

:bowrofl:

16. ElCidKid

ElCidKid New Member

I voted for that guy :naughty:
    SC FTW

17. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

I'd love to go to Berkeley. I'd throw recyclable stuff in the trash and drive my non-"green" car around there. They'd go nuts.

18. J

J Active Member

:ugh: what is wrong with people, especially that city's council

19. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

i heard this was getting overturned?...
    btw kuwait isnt bad at all...eccept for the assload of work ill be doing for the next couple of weeks :wtc: :wavey:

20. Exiled

Exiled New Member

So, some lunatics from Berkley are going to mess up the whole town, sucks for the people like me or you who live there.

21. effwhy_sea

effwhy_sea New Member

i would drive all the way out there to enlist if they were protesting in front of their station.

22. effwhy_sea

effwhy_sea New Member

:bigthumb:

23. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

"The First Amendment gives the city of Berkeley the right to be idiotic, but from now on they should do it with their own money," DeMint said in a statement.

I think that summed it up right there.

Anyone using the links at the bottom of the follow-up to let these morons know how stupid they really look??

24. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

Senator DeMint,

While I am not one of your constituents, I would like to applaud you in drafting up legislation to pull federal funding from the city of Berkeley California. I, However, do not think you are going far enough. One or two programs worth of funding won't hurt them enough for displaying their total lack of patriotism, and insulting people such as myself who are currently serving in the armed forces. I am not a Marine, I am a Staff Sergeant in the Air Force, and to see my brothers in arms treated like the people of Berkeley have treated them is just sickening. I think you should try to get ALL federal funding pulled from the city of Berkeley and it's citizens. While I do support free speech, I do not feel the government should essentially foot the bill for these people who apparently don't enjoy what our government gives them on a daily basis. So, pull all of the federal money, and see how they enjoy their lives then. Maybe then people will realize that there are smart ways to protest, and then there are idiotic ways to do it. And they will look at the city of Berkeley, and see first hand what happens when you're not smart with your protests.

Good luck on your efforts to cut their funding. Unfortunately I feel it will be an uphill battle for you, but I wish you the best.

Sincerely,
    *************, SSgt, USAF

Just sent the ol Senator that. Now to work on the protesters.

25. jjski78

jjski78 New Member

To Whom It May Concern,

I am absolutely stunned and appalled at your actions in Berkeley California at the Marine Corps recruiting station. You should be extremely ashamed of yourselves. I hope somewhere in your twisted minds you realize you will make zero impact on the war in Iraq, nor will you impact the Marine recruiting missions adversely. To call yourselves Americans is disgusting. You are not Americans, you are not patriots. The only reason you are able to do the disgusting things you do is because of the men and women wearing the uniforms of our nations armed forces. I believe in free speech, but what you are doing is criminal. Chaining yourselves to a door...you are some of the most ridiculous people I have ever heard of. The thing you don't even realize is that the Marines don't set foreign policy. They simply carry out orders. So you are protesting the wrong people. You want to protest someone, go to DC and protest on Capitol Hill. You are probably the same people that spit on soldiers when they came back from Vietnam, and now boo them when you see them in an airport. You should all be very deeply ashamed of yourselves.

****************, SSgt, USAF

And that just went to those assholes at code pink. You know how hard it was to try to stay politically correct writing that??!!!