GUN Beretta U22 Neos

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Dranian, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Dranian

Dranian (..)

[​IMG]

Anybody have any experience with this gun? i'm looking to purchase my first gun soon and i like the look of this one, i'm just wondering if a .22lr would be good to learn on if the ammo is expensive and if reliability is likely to be an issue?

2. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Active Member

All I've done is held one, but if you want to know more about it than you really care to, then visit here: http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54

I've held one, and it felt nice, but if I were to be purchasing my first handgun, and it were to be a .22, then I would highly consider the Ruker MkII. The 22/45 is also a very reliable gun.

If I were not to go w/ the Ruger, then I would invest in a Browning Buckmark.

Those 3 guns above have been around a long time and they work. Not to mention, there are tens of thousands of happy customers who would own nothing but Rugers or Brownings. Additionally, add-on parts are all over the place for the Ruger...

3. ShackleMeNot

ShackleMeNot MINDSET

A .22 is a great first gun. Very easy to shoot and inexpensive so you can shoot more.

I second what USMCsilver wrote. Buy a 22/45 or a MKII as there is a proven track record for their reliability. If you already owned 15 guns and you were asking what we thought about the new Beretta you would probably get different answers. As a first gun you want to have the least chance of headaches possible.

4. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

.22 ammo is dirt cheap. but I would recomment a Ruger mark II

5. soccaian

soccaian New Member

the ease of take down on the U22 Neos is simply incredible... that is my main reason for purchasing one (6" stainless INOX model). i own a Mk2, but i personally wouldnt trust my gf to clean it (its her training pistol), it take way too much effort to get that thing back together the way it should be.

oh yeah, i also get the U22 at cost :eek3:

6. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

:werd:

7. blkgs4

blkgs4 New Member

U22 is extremely easy to take-down. However assuming you aren't going to suppress it, the 22 isn't going to get too dirty. I've put about 1k rounds thru the Neos, out of which I had a issue with some sort of ammo (I believe thunderbolts but I could be wrong). Other than that it ran ok, I still had a FTF about one out of every 40-50 rounds. But in the end I would still put heavy consideration on the MkII. I'm considering picking up a second MkII from SWR, primarily because I can't find a high quality pistol which I can screw a can on (other than the browning).

8. Don_Rumsfeld

Don_Rumsfeld Guest

I :love: my Ruger Mark II

9. soccaian

soccaian New Member

the mk2 is an awesome gun... but cleaning is quite a PITA