GUN Beretta Sako Quad anyone?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ghostrider4450, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

Anyone here have any hands on experience with the new Beretta Sako Quad rimfire rifle?

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial]When we first saw this new Sako creation, even we were speechless. One rifle. Four quickly interchangeable barrels in four rimfire calibers. Impeccable design. Super-smooth action with a 50-degree bolt-lift. Perfect trigger. Ergonomic stock with ambidextrous palm-swell. Adjustable butt-pad system. In a word: awesome. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Arial][​IMG][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The sako quad barrels are quickly interchangeable and color coded for easy recognition. [/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The concept of the Quad started a couple years ago, when we asked Sako to solve this dilemma. When shooters buy a rimfire rifle they want performance, innovation and versatility. How can we offer them all of this while allowing them to enjoy the new exciting rimfire calibers that have been springing up of late? [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Arial][​IMG][/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The muzzle features a concave hand-turned recessed crown for optimum accuracy-retention.[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The answer surpassed all our expectations. The Sako Quad has one receiver that fits four different barrels. The barrels are easy to interchange. Just the turn of one torque-screw at the bottom of the receiver gives a rock solid mount resulting in the kind of Sako accuracy that is world famous. Barrel change takes no more than twenty seconds – and this having never done it before!
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The four calibers for which we have chambered the Sako Quad are the timeless 22LR, the powerful 22 WMR and the new zippy 17 HMR and 17 Mach 2. You can purchase one rifle chambered for your favorite rimfire cartridge (and get the extra barrels as accessories when it suits your fancy) or you can buy the Quad as a “combo” set, with all four barrels.[/FONT]
    [​IMG] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]Quad magazines are built with safety in mind, and will only fit the correct-caliber barrel. This way, you will always be using the correct ammunition for each of the four interchangeable barrels. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Tahoma, Arial]The action is a brand-new Sako Rimfire action, with a 50-degree bolt-lift. It is designed to blend with the stock as one— flowing lines that will please the traditionalist and innovator alike. The quick-detachable 5-shot magazine comes in two versions: one for the 22LR and 17 Mach 2, the other for the 22 WMR and the 17 HMR. The stock is fiberglass-reinforced polypropylene, featuring new Giugiaro styling, ambidextrous palm-swell and an adjustable butt-pad system.

I like the fact that you can shoot .22LR or WMR then go up to .17 Mach 2 and WMR for larger varmit and the like.
    [/FONT]

2. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

i JUST read about that in American rifleman. Very cool gun.,

3. Ghostrider4450

Same here. :coolugh:

4. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Kind of a cool novelty, but how often would you actually use it?

5. Ghostrider4450

.22LR....Alot. Id use the .17 or .22 WMR for shooting varmint up at my NC home. So that is to say, alot when im up there.

6. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Yeah, but .22's and .17 rifles aren't even that expensive. Any excuse to have a few more cool rifles is a good one.

7. Ghostrider4450

The price with just ONE barrel is ~800, all four is about 1700. Which is pretty steep IMO, but I just cant get over the adaptability.

8. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

pretty cool, now i want one.

i wouldn't pay over $450 for it w/ one barrel, though.

9. TwoGuns

TwoGuns Medical Crew

Good fucking grief, that's alot of money. I could see MAYBE paying that much for a high-power match-grade rifle with changeable barrels, but a plinker?

I don't see this rifle being very successful.

10. Ghostrider4450

Werd, not unless they drop the price ALOT. :o

11. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

seems like a nice pliner, but OVERATED in price