GUN Beretta CX4 Storm

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by huntz0r, Jul 22, 2005.

1. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

I was flipping through a stack of older G&A magazines and read an article about this gun. It seems pretty neat. Happened to breeze through the gun shop during lunch today and they had one hanging up, but I didn't have time to ask for a good look.

[​IMG]

Just wondering if anyone here owns one or has had much experience with it, and what your impressions were.

2. 01_Cruiser

01_Cruiser An American Classic OT Supporter

if the stock had a few extra inches on it i'd probably get one....its too short for me, even with the two extension buttpad things installed :hs:

3. mvizos

mvizos New Member

I've got one, real fun.

only ever had a single jam on my storm, and that was from using a really old magazine that needed it's spring replaced.

Lot of fun just for shooting at the range, and ammo is pretty inexpensive. NISMOTom, what kind of jams were you getting? not ejecting? I know a lot of people had issues with the extractor breaking off. I clean mine after every shooting, and pay special attention to the crud that builds up in the extractor claw, just to be safe.

Were I given the chance to do it over again, would I buy another storm? Yes.

4. Echoratz

Echoratz New Member

I have one, never had it jam although i would say ive only had about 1000 rounds thru it. The gun is really accurate with the stock sights, i put a reflex sight on mine to add to the fun. Whats great about this is you can use the 92/96 mags on this gun and the gun really doesnt have much of a recoil plus as its been stated you can get it in 9mm .40 or .45 so ammo doesnt have to be expensive at all.

Hope it helps

5. huntz0r

huntz0r New Member

Well I went back to the gun store today and checked it out. Maybe it's just me but I thought the moving parts all felt really cheap. I liked the ergonomics.

Guy also showed me a Kel-Tec sub rifle which I thought was pretty cool with the 33-round mag option, and only $300. Of course I know nothing about those either.

6. Vermincelli

Vermincelli Banned

One thing about the Storm is it's ability to be switched from right hand to left handed controls. Other than that though, I just couldn't justify the price. Especially when you can get a Hi Point Carbine for less than 200 bucks and they now make 15 round magazines for the 9mm and it's reliable and accurate.

7. xikar

xikar New Member

I have had the storm for almost a year now and have put about 3500 rounds through it without a single malfunction so far. Use decent ammo and keep it clean.