GUN Beretta 92FS Centurion ?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 00600, Dec 6, 2007.

1. 00600

00600 New Member

I'm considering getting a CCW and I'm looking for a compact Beretta 92F. The 92s are a dime a dozen, but I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can pick up a shortened slide and barrel off a 92FS Centurion.

If nothing comes up I'll be left with the option of shortening it myself, I'm a machinist by trade, so it's not really a big deal. Hopefully I'll be able to get it to function properly by tuning the factory recoil spring.

Any ideas?

2. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

gun broker? gun forums? :dunno: ask your local FFL

3. 00600

00600 New Member

Tried gunbroker, gun forums? isn't that where I posted this?, Local FFL? And have him tax my ass?

I have a connection for ex police issue 92Fs, I just need to find the shorter barrel and slide. No FFL needed.

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

i meant a gun forum with a bigger "for sale" section. such as EE :hsugh:

5. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

A 92FS centurion is too heavy to CCW IMO. You could buy a compact Glock/M&P/XD for less money that would be more comfortable to carry. Unless your getting one for really cheap, but even still, that's a heavy piece.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

yea, why do you want a beretta 92fs??? no wai.

7. 00600

00600 New Member

It's lighter than my 1911.

I have rather large hands (I can palm a basketball), so I prefer the wider grip of the doublestack mag (my next choice would be a Para Ord)

<$300 with less than 100 rounds through it, sounds pretty cheap to me.

I don't like the feel of Glocks, an HK USP would be nice, but a little too pricy, same with Sigs.

I'd rather have a "heavy" well balanced steel/aluminum frame handgun than a "light" unbalanced composite handgun. It's just a personal preference.

The 92 is perfect for me, though I'd prefer a shorter slide/barrel. Plus I can shoot and strip them in my sleep (I've been shooting my father's for almost a decade)

8. Dumbstixlars

Dumbstixlars Ron Paul/AR-15/Glock/old car/Scooby/R/C croo OT Supporter

I used to be that way too, till I learned how to handle my G31, now I love it. IDK man, I can see that 92 getting really heavy after a couple of hours.

9. DaninTexas

DaninTexas OT Supporter

I carry a 92 every day. But then again I am a big guy and the price was right - Free

10. silversilvia

silversilvia OT Supporter

they make a 92C, compact. they also make a 92C type M (single stack) both of which will make decent carry guns. but they are hard to find and expensive. mags also expensive.

the centurion is not that much smaller than a normal 92. the frame is the same and it is not even an inch shorter in the slide. I use to carry a 92D Brigadier and it is no good carry gun.

maybe u should look into the 9000S, or the px4 compact if u want to stick with beretta. but i think there are much better carry guns available. I love these guns and own a couple personally but I carry a Steyr S9 because of the size.

BTW they did make a 92S and they are not a dime a dozen, i have one myself :)

11. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 /\__/\__/\__0>

It's a big gun but a delight to shoot.