bent over rows tried them today

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TwistedMind, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

With DB and after it was all said and done it felt more like i did shrugs then rows. the burn was all in my traps not so much my lats. What am I doing wrong? Obviously vid would help but I dont have one.

I keep my elbows in and try to focus on my lats, are my traps just way under developed and need to catch up first?

Any help with the amount of info provided would be great. The trainer there recommended rolling my shoulder, but then she also made a copy of my copy of the noquarter routine so she could "look at it from a guys point of view" im hesitent to take her advice. And im pretty sure shes going to pass it off as her own routine lol.

2. TZ

TZ Banned

3. Drilldo

Drilldo Active Member

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

next time dont do shrugs

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

the more vertical your upper body is positioned, the more you're gonna hit the (upper) traps

6. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

i was trying my damndest to do them properly. My torso was as close to horizontal as I could make it. Ill try it with a bench like in the vid next week and see if that helps. Ill also try bringing the weight to my hip instead of ribs and see if that helps.

Thanks for the advice so far.

7. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

Yea so I woke up last night in incredible pain, I guess i was getting my lats just fine because I couldn't find a comfy position to sleep except flat on my back. First time I think i ever really worked this muscle group.

I love the feeling when you first start a new excercise. You never really notice how much you use a certain muscle until it hurts to do so. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.