Benching Sucks!!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Syngent, Oct 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syngent

Syngent New Member

I've been working out for years and sprain my rotator cuffs more times then you have your teeth cleaning!

My flat benching is really decreasing and can't get over a certain weight. I used to bench 285lb. but now can't even do 185lb without poping a vain!

Help!:sadwavey:

2. Filmboy44

Filmboy44 Guest

what do you want from us? You know that it takes time to get back to where you were, so start of light and now work back up. An injury isn't something you should screw around with. Start light.

3. fakirone

fakirone OT ex-con, I hate the Mods

One word for you... rehab.

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

if you are constantly hurting yourself you are doing something wrong....

either to much weight or terrible form, determine the problem and fix it

5. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I used to bench 275, now I bench 185 due to the same problem with RC's. I've injured it before from pitching. They've been a pain for most of the year. I do a lot of RC work like light weight external rotations and arm circles every day...not to the point of failure but just enough to tire them a bit. On the bench I will do 95 a few times just to work on preserving good form. The only bench machine that I can use without pain is the hammer one that isolates the chest by bringing the hands from wide to close. On that I'll start do 25-55 each side, doing them very slow and controlled. For shoulders I do 20-25lb seated DB presses very slowly and contracted throughout. Normally I can do 70. And other than that I'll do 55lb push presses. I've tried heavier but it made my shoulder weird the next day. I also fucked it up doing a yoga pose. :hsd:

6. Syngent

Syngent New Member

I hear ya Natual One. I've been lifting for over 15 years and during the first 5 were the good old days. Seemed like getting injured weren't a problem considering how fast i healed. After, i would say around 2 dozen, RC injuries benching was never the same. It takes me alot longer to warm up a bit and just to max out at around 185lb also.

I've been trying to increase my flat benching for about a year now and it doesn't seem to increase. I haven't had any injuries for about 3 years now. Just can't get past the sticking point. But on the flip side, I can lift 80lb dumbbells incline. Go figure.

Maybe I just to face that music! I'm done with!

7. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

Thats alot of RC injuries bud, what were you doing that caused them

8. Syngent

Syngent New Member

I guess stupid sets when you're trying to impress your fellows gym buddies. or better yet - gym babes! I always thought lifting extremely heavy was the way to go and ofcourse I was dead wrong.

9. GilgaMesH

GilgaMesH Active Member

Nothing wrong with lifting "extremely heavy" if you're doing it right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.