LGBT Belt showing

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Improvolone, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

I had no other place to go about this...
    I have one friend, who is slightly large, and insists that he wears a small or a medium t-shirt. According to him, a self proclaimed metrosexual, the belt is SUPPOSED to show. However, anytime he moves his arm, his belly shows, which looks stupid as fuck.
    So, is the belt supposed to show?

2. AmCo

AmCo Haters goin' Hate

belts are made to fit a little bit over. if his belly is sticking out then he is wearing pants that are too small for him.

Belt showing is only for certain clothing. Like if you have your shirts tucked in.

3. MLH

MLH New Member

If your wearing a trendy fashion statement belt, yes ofcourse you want it to show. But according to the Queer Eye guys, tucking your shirt in, is the new "in" thing to show off your belts.

4. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

It's not the pants, it's the shirt. When his arms and shoudlers are down, it barely hits the top of his pants, so anytime he moves his arms... BAM! skin

5. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

Tell your "large" friend to either lose weight or buy larger shirts that fit. /insensitivity.

Seriously though, even nice clothes will look like crap if they're not worn right. If your friend doesn't have the body to be wearing those clothes, then he really shouldn't, because it won't look right. This is especially the case if the clothes are designed for skinnier or more athlatic people, because it's only going to emphasize what he's lacking.

As for belts being a fashion statement, I know nothing about that, aside from that I'd never do it. All my belts are very simple-yet-fashionable: flat black or brown with a silver buckle. I can't see a belt being a focal point of any outfit unless you're a girl.

6. MLH

MLH New Member

[As for belts being a fashion statement, I know nothing about that, aside from that I'd never do it. All my belts are very simple-yet-fashionable: flat black or brown with a silver buckle. I can't see a belt being a focal point of any outfit unless you're a girl.]

Actually me and some co-workers discussed this after I was complimented on my belts I wear to work. The belt very much can be the focal point of your outfit. I call it the center and work out(in accesorizing terms). Start with you outfit and then pick out a belt (weahter is a bland one or highly fashionable) then grab the shoes that match that belt, grab the watch and necklace that matches the belts buckle, and grab the wallet that is the same color as the leather...I am always getting comments on my belts from gays/straights alike so I do believe it can be a strong center point of getting dressed.