being the quiet guy. what would cause girls to suddenly take notice?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BCIT, Nov 17, 2008.

1. BCIT

BCIT Guest

so I'm usually pretty quiet at school on my own accord, not so much because I'm shy or anything, i'm just like that in certain situations.

Anyway I've noticed for the last couple weeks that whenever I say something, usually a private conversation with someone at the back of the room that I'll notice people, not just girls, straining to listen. I never fancied myself as mysterious to those around me before, but I'm getting that vibe.

People also ask about me a lot. I was invited to two parties by two girls I've never talked to before. :o

Anywho, is this an angle I should keep working if I want to attract girls :hsugh:

2. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Absolutely. The silent, confident guy is pretty attractive to girls.

Girls seem to love mystery in a guy, cause they love bringing that mystery out of a guy. So, being a quiet guy, you have that advantage going for you.

3. BCIT

BCIT Guest

what's funny too is that when I'm having these stereotypical "male" conversation about UFC, fighting, gadgets, cars, conspiracy theories, or whatever I get these looks from girls.

And the guys who are talking with them about relationships or whatever almost get ignored. lol

4. Autorotate

Autorotate New Member

Girls like guys who have lives outside of their relationship(s).

5. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

:rofl:

That's because girls are attracted to MEN, not pussies. (well, at least straight girls anyway)

They talk about relationships all the time with their girlfriends. They don't need some guy talking to them about relationships. How boring is that?

In fact, think of it like this. When I hear a girl talking about gadgets, cars, sports, etc., I am not really anymore attracted to her. I am more attracted to her because of her femininity than I would be to know she's "one of the guys." Fuck that. I want a girly girl. Not a guy with a vagina.

It's the same thing in reverse.

6. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Did you get depantsed in the middle of campus a few weeks ago and everyone saw that you had a huge package? That might do it.

7. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

And it has everyone giving him attention, in a good way.

8. BCIT

BCIT Guest

I'm not sure if I'm exactly the 'strong-silent' type, but I definitely shy away from the antics that makes up the marketing faculty at my school. You gotta remember that these people are all the loud, frat boy types, and the girls are your club goers and whatnot. Sometimes in class you have people just vying for attention, almost shouting over each other trying to be funny or noticed. I'm not sure if you could chalk it up to being extroverted or plain attention seeking.

I think all I did was hang out with people I got along with, and just got geeky with whatever subject I wanted and got totally immersed into that.

9. Ideotique

Ideotique Drinking on monday nights does not make me an alco

Yeah, because you know so much about everyone :ugh2:

10. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

[​IMG]

Just because he posted about it doesnt mean he is having problems. Sometimes people post in the vag for positive reinforcement or simply to see some other views on a situation they are in, not always advice on how to fix something.

and number 2 this morning.
    You're an idiot

11. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

Were you outspoken/opinionated? That's probably what got their attention. Either that or confidence of your opinions as quiet people sometimes don't talk until they're confident about what they're saying.

12. Toxica

Toxica New Member

Maybe they were surprised that you were actually talking so they wanted to hear it.

There was this really quiet girl in one of my classes, when I went to school. I mean she would never talk. So when she finally did speak, people were surprised and would pay real close attention to hear her voice.

Then again, it could be what everyone else has said... you're giving off a "mysterious guy" vibe.

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

The confident silent guy can sometimes be the hottest. Say you're at a party and there's a circle of friends and there's the one guy who is shy and not speaking much. Sometimes I am drawn to him because he's not some cocky annoying douche shouting about how great he is. As long as he seems confident and cool with himself and throws in an occasional joke or comment to the conversation I am dying to know more.

When I was first introduced to my now bf he was just sitting beside me at a party not saying too much. Then he went outside to hang with other friends and didn't say much either, but I found myself wanting to talk to him.

14. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

Completely true. My SO is one of those silent, confident guys. It's one of my favorite things about him and I still find it so attractive all these years later... Thank God he's not one of those outspoken, too much swagger, goof-balls :rofl: One of the best things about my SO is that because he is so observant and so smart, that when he does have something to say, it's really worth listening to. I think being the "strong, silent type" allows you to observe a lot of things about people and how they interact within their environment (which can be mighty handy), it also gives you the chance to be confident in your own likes and dislikes as you're not constantly trying to show off to other guys and fit in.

Just be yourself man. The right girl will notice this fantastic side of you and she'll love you for it :h5:

15. Lucky Penny

DOT!! :h5:

(It drives me NUTS when girls try to do that just to get a guy's attention. JUST BE YOURSELF!! /rant)

16. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

Its a fine line between the strong, silent type and overly shy I think. I used to struggle with that. I didnt have alot to say to people, I just watched and observed, but for some reason I always came off as really shy and secluded. Offtopic a tad, but does your SO smile in pictures?

17. Lucky Penny

I totally agree about the fine line. But I think a lot people also have a tendency to misconstrue quiet for shy- My family being one of those kinds of people. They are loud and obnoxious and don't really understand people who don't yell instead of speak :rofl: They think my SO is shy, but he's not at all. Just kinda quiet, kinda thoughtful :dunno:

Oh, and I've never seen a pic of him where he wasn't smiling. :dunno: Why do you ask?

18. bjonesy77

bjonesy77 New Member

I had alot of people say I was shy and wouldn't ever come out of my shell, and one thing most of them mentioned was my inability to smile for pictures. I don't know why, I feel like I'm smiling but the pictures never showed it. I still cant smile (atleast a normal genuine smile) for a picture ever.

I was just curious because people always thought I was so terribly shy and secluded, yet I felt like I just didn't have alot to say. People noticed the picture thing mostly.

19. Dreams2Reality

Dreams2Reality saywhat

Different strokes for different folks.

Out of my 'circle' of friends, their are 3 of us who constantly get 'woman'.

Chris - Loud, outspoken 'tough guy'. I think he gets the attention strictly because he forces it onto em'self. Although I'll admit, the 'genre' of girls he attracts are the ONS ones. Not someone to bring home to mom.

Darryn - I call em' the 'peacekeeper'. He's the quiet guy who adds that 'twist' of intelligence to the conversation at parties, bars, etc. Girls tend to be intrigued by the way he presents em'self.

Me - I'm the funny guy.. that seems to work for me. Although smart, at parties / a place of female interest, I tend to just make people laugh. Whether they're with our friends, or randoms, always make conversation 'open' to others.

20. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

if guys and girls are both looking at you, maybe its your voice? there was this guy who was very silent in one of my classes, but when he did talk...things would fucking vibrate. i can't explain it but things vibrated. :eek3:

21. BCIT

BCIT Guest

was it really deep? :hsugh:

22. KindlyCuddly

KindlyCuddly Irina Lazareanu

deep and weirdly scratchy. you know, the type of voice where the person starts talking and everyone suddenly becomes quiet trying to figure out where the voice is coming from. :noes: it was cool.

23. BCIT

BCIT Guest

ONS?

24. BCIT

BCIT Guest

I've been told I sound a little like prof snape from Harry Potter :o

25. forgotmyname

forgotmyname Active Member

That sounds mad gay dude.
    I don't think girls are looking at you for being mysterious...