SRS Being strung along

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by car ramrod, Dec 13, 2005.

1. car ramrod

car ramrod I'm all highway

Long story short: I've been seeing a girl for about 5 weeks. I'm 24, she's 29. Started off with a wedding reception, then went to bars and saw a movie. All the while, she was beginning to grow on me; she's beautiful and a lot of fun. Last time we hung out was 12 days before Thanksgiving. We made out in my basement, and before she left, as usual, she said to give her a call sometime. So I have. 3 times in fact (and once for her birthday), but she won't respond. To top off my frustration, I know she is not the kind of girl to avoid me or be mean to me, but all the while when we were hanging out, she would make comments about hanging out in the future, coming over to see her new place, etc... And now, I can't get the time of day from her. I know I didn't say anything to piss her off.

My question is, is there a purpose to string someone along when you know you don't want to see them for much longer? I know the age gap is a part of it. She knew of my age a long time ago. But why start something and then drop a bomb?

2. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

She's not interested in you. She doesn't want thr drama of telling you so.

3. car ramrod

I also work with this girl, but not too often. Sooner or later, she knows I'm gonna bring it up to her face to face. I won't be rude about it; I just want to know why she's doing this.

I get that she doesn't want to deal with it. I want to know why you'd keep something going when you know you're gonna just ignore them in the end.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2005
  4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.

Let it go, don't talk to her about it, distance yourself from her. She's energized that you're attracted to her, that's the engine moving this train.
    She wants you to want her, she doesn't want you.

5. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Sounds all too familiar. Trust me on this, just let it go. Don't try to call her anymore. She's made it pretty clear. I'm just trying to save you some dignity here, because I've lost it all before in the past.

6. yoV6cam

yoV6cam Big AL "Boss of The Bosses"

Cut it, life's too short to waste time with someone that doesn't even want to be with you. Whenever you feel like you miss her, just remember how she dissed you by stringing you along like this.

7. z31maniac

z31maniac *insert witty remark*

How can she be stringing you along if two aren't talking?

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I wouldn't confuse personal contact with phone contact, things would be different if you'd be standing at her door.

9. car ramrod

Yeah. Sooner or later, I will see her at work. I'm torn between asking her what's going on (in a polite way), and just forgetting about it. But if I forget about it, it will continue to eat at me.

If I only had to deal with it on the phone, I would leave it alone.

10. johan

johan Active Member

Your only course of action is to leave it alone and act uninterested and unhurt by it.

Scenario 'A': If there is any chance at all of her becoming interested, it will quickly be killed off by you sniffing around and asking her "what's going on??"

Scenario 'B': And if she is completely uninterested (the more likely scenario) the only way you won't feel like a schmuck is if you leave it alone and act competely uninterested.

It shouldn't continue to eat at you if you open your eyes and start to understand women and the ways they act.

So here's your chance. Consider this episode to be Lesson #1. Remember it well.

If you absolutely MUST hash it all out with her, you'll regret it. You'll get your feelings hurt, you won't get much closure out of it, and you'll feel really rejected.

That's the alternate ending for Lesson #1. Go that route if you really need the humiliation. It's a popular choice though, so don't feel bad if you just can't seem to let go unless you "confront" her about her so-called mysterious and bad behaviour.

(In reality, there's nothing mysterious or bad about it. It's very clear, and it is simply the way people operate)

Anyways, good luck.