Being single.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Inexlol, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Inexlol

Inexlol New Member

I dont have a problem being single.
    My last gf cheated on me, and the girls before that just
    seemed to be more of a pain in the ass then they were really worth.

Sure you dont get laid as much (atleast in my case) but its not an unbearable
    amount. There's always flings and hook ups which is cool with me.
    But my all of my friends have gf's or bf's and question why i won't just commit to one girl. Same with my family.

I dont think its a question of maturity or being "ready" for a steady relationship but its always good to question yourself.

Maybe from my ex cheating on me? I did kinda change my outlook on relationships after that but not much, ive always kind of felt this way.

Is being single and just enjoying yourself normal or is society right when they shove the relationship idea down your throat?

2. evh

evh Active Member

nothing wrong with it... although i like being in relationship better than being single.

i'm single now, i've only had one girlfriend.

3. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Being single is perfectly normal. Society is a big giant douche bag for pushing it down your throat really.

But you can't help what society does. You can only remain unaffected by it.

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I absolutely loved the time I was single a few years ago. After a long term relationship where I was cheated on I took at least 2 years to myself to be single, date around casually and just have fun man. It was the best. I learned so much in those 2 years about myself, relationships, men, what I wanted, etc.

Society tries to push relationships and marriage on people and they get so brainwashed into thinking they have to be in a relationship or they'll be miserable. Do what you want man. Take as much time as you want before you commit.

5. buddha724

buddha724 New Member

no worries homie. i'm actually enjoying being single for the first time in my life.

i was cheated on too... i found out shortly after getting engaged that she fucked another guy. that totally turned my world upside down.

naturally i had to take time to get my head on straight again and now about a year later i've dated a few girls, all of which turned out to be absolutely crazy, and am comfortable with the idea of being single... hell i'm even embracing it now that i'm having fun.

there is a difference between being alone and being lonely :)

6. fluentinsilence

fluentinsilence New Member

Been single for about 6 years now. I'm so used to it and 'conditioned' to it that the idea of any kind of a relationship with someone is pretty harrowing.

7. lauren

lauren Active Member

werd.

what's not perfectly normal is the constant use of a carriage return.

8. bearsdidit

bearsdidit OT Supporter

i learned a ton about life and myself during the last two years of being single... Now that I'm in a new relationship, I'm using a lot of the things I learned in constructive ways!

9. Viper

Viper OT Supporter

Isn't it weird how we learn so much about ourselves when we are single, but not so much when we are in relationships?

10. giz

giz Active Member

having always been single, I can honestly say these last few months of my first relationship have taught me a lot about myself.

I didn't mind it when I was single - I lived a pretty exciting life at times but it did get lonely. I am 1000x happier now though.