SRS being shy sucks

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StayLRG, Aug 11, 2008.

1. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

i need to stop being like this. I had a crush on this girl, and she obviously doesn't like me. There is another girl who cuts my hair actually. She's pretty cool, is into a lot of similar stuff as me, yet everytime i get my hair cut i get too nervous to invite her out to the bar. I might just call up there and ask her if she wants to go out later that night. Ugh, I just feel so dumb for being shy.

2. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

oh, and i know this is a stupid post, i'm just...stressed to say the least. and feeling dumb for being hung up on a girl who doesn't like me

3. eljefedetonto

eljefedetonto OT Supporter

it's extra stress to hit on a girl at her workplace, especially while you're a customer. but I always say it's better to know than not... that said, just wait until you get your next haircut, I would definitely not call her work.

4. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

StayLRG, how old are you? off hand, this sounds like a confidence issue thats associated with ppl who are just getting their feet wet with dating "outside of high school" (ie, where you ahve to rely on something other than luck of having a class with someone you like).

just keep chatting with her. youll either work up the confidence to finally ask her out, or youll just keep building experience with talking to a girl you like, and eventually youll meet another that turns you on just as much...and youll already know how to handle the deal.

5. RedZ71

RedZ71 Large Marge sent me.

ironically, i totally have the hots for my hairdresser, but shes less than half my age +7... (and well, married :dunno: ). so, thru association... im pullin for you bro! ask her out!

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

You know at one point you get at: What has being shy ever given me for reward? Zero, you need to stop caring about the consequenses and just do it, Its a win win situation. If you ask her out and she says no, then you can say' hey at least i tried, if she says yes, 'then you've got a date'.

The only thing that seems to work is to put your mind on zero, and just blurr out the things you want to say to her, without caring about the consequenses. Just give it a try, if you fall you simply need to get up and try again.

7. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I really like this statement. Never thought of it that way.

8. Frito

Frito New Member

He's completely right. Over the past few months my mentality has changed so much. When I liked a girl I wouldn't even smile from just being shy. Even if I thought she was cute. But after a while I was like screw it, what do i got to lose? I get rejected. OK move on to the next person. Of course its always easier said than done

9. onedownfiveup

onedownfiveup Active Member

It's so werid, some days I can do it, some days I can't seem to do it. I guess it just depends on my mood.

10. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

thing is, i'm 24. i've always had issues with myself. i've never truly been happy with the way i am. i'm finally overcoming this and starting to like who i am, but it's tough to build up confidence where i used to have none. i'm pretty sure she'd be cool with me calling up to her work, but i'm not 100 percent sure. though the salon she works at definitely has their friends hang out up there during lunch. that's what made me decide it was cool to call.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

just don't say "go out"

invite her to a specific activity

12. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

planned on inviting her out to a specific bar for drinks later that night. it's a place she mentioned liking going to.