LGBT Being outed in public... how did it make you feel?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by tattooed_sailor, Apr 10, 2008.

1. tattooed_sailor

tattooed_sailor New Member

I talk about my being bisexual here on the forum, but IRL I really don't talk about it at all. I act totally straight (or at least I thought I did) and the only people that really knew were two gay buddies and my now ex-wife (she knew before we got married)

I was outed at one of my favorite clubs.. had a group of flamboyantly gay fellows come grab me, assuming that I was gay.. why? I have no idea. How they smelled it I have no idea.. never met any of them before. When I talked to them they were surprised when I told them I was bi, they seemed to think I was an open gay :o

What the hell.

I just went with it, but I'll lay odds I'll never be able to hook up with another girl in there :hs:

2. Drloveless

Drloveless Mac Crew

Eh who cares? bigger problems in life.

3. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

They could have just taken the chance when they grabbed you hoping that you would respond positively.

It could work in your favor, they might want to turn you straight. :mamoru:

4. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

:werd:

5. dallasfan824

dallasfan824 New Member

my problem is NOT getting grabbed. :(

6. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

theres worse things

7. ExDelayed

ExDelayed New Member

Unless I know them, they better keep their hands off of me.

8. Matitulo

Matitulo If sexy never left then why is everybody on my shi

i don't mind being outted in public. the only weird thing is hanging out with old friends from high school/college that found out about it through word of mouth. makes me all ookey in side when they reference it.

9. zortnac

zortnac New Member

I don't think I've ever really been outed in public...but maybe I have a different idea in my mind of what, exactly, that means.

I'm sure there have been plenty of times when, because of what's conveyed in conversation, people who assumed I was straight (hey, it's a fair assumption after all) found out that I was gay, but I'm not sure I ever pay much attention to it.

I've never been deliberately outed except by myself.

10. tattooed_sailor

Oh shut up... I distinctly remember ...... :mamoru:

11. tattooed_sailor

That could work I guess.. I "out myself" to a few of my friends... I figured enough knew already that it was stupid to keep on the way I was :o

12. Elusid

Elusid New Member

That's how it is with me. The only time other people actually find out about me is if I want them to or at that point in time just don't give a flying fuck what people think about me and go on a flaming rampage... :greddy: haha

13. 2500

2500 Guest

I was outted in public. I told ONE girl, because she was best friends with this guy i liked. well, she wanted to blow this other guy, so she needed "points" which she tried gaining by gossiping about me. well, he was good friends with my whole group, and my best friend. so, she tells him, he tells my best friend, who asks me. at this point, a few others hear. we're all at Steak-n-Shake. About 20-25 of us. Well, I fuckin flip out, haha. I start punching stop signs, cussin up the wazoo, throwing shit everywhere in the parking lot. I end up setting the record straight (ha) and coming out since half the people know by then, and everyones like "Aight man, whatever, its cool, just chill out" lol. haven't once talked to that cunt since though, been about 6 years.

14. tattooed_sailor

Ouch. Thats some fucking drama alright :mamoru:

15. Bib-Lettuce

Bib-Lettuce New Member

What a cunt

16. RyRy

RyRy Active Member

Well thank black baby jesus that I know you! :grabs: :mamoru:

17. Josey

Josey New Member

GAYDAR SON...and trust me...the girls will flock too you...you're like a married man to them...a challenge

18. tattooed_sailor

Oh trust me, that does not happen.

It used to.. at least when I was married it seemed like I would always have girls chasing me, but in the last few months I've been having zero luck with the ladies.

I am beginning to believe that this is due to two things. The first is that I am attracted to the wrong types of girls. Also, when I was using I tended to want to hang out with people who also "partied", which is setting sail for fail.

Secondly, since I have just lost my wife (divorce), I've been pretty depressed. This does not make for good game whatsoever.

I am currently in time out mode. I really just want to stay sober and if I find a good someone I might get interested, but I'm not really sure if I am even capable of another relationship, male or female.

I've had several random hookups since the split, and several of them (guys) have wanted to pursue more than just a hookup.. but I'm really not there emotionally. I don't want to fuck myself up again.

19. Josey

Josey New Member

:hug: cheer up...even balla's like me have their droughts...mines been a few months :wtc:

I know what you mean about the emotional part...it's like part of me has been cut out...there's not a lot of feeling there.

20. tattooed_sailor

I've been doing a lot better emotionally since I started sobering up. Still I realize now more than ever how fragile my emotional state is, and I fear that if I do attempt another relationship and it goes badly I will lose even more of my innate goodness.

I also realize that my continued sobriety is largely dependent on my emotional state, so if I do attempt another relationship I need to go as slowly as possible and ensure that it is "real", and not destined to fail like all my past relationships have been.

They say hindsight is 20/20, and that statement is more true than I would like,

Looking back I can clearly see how I screwed up not only in my actual relationships but in the choice of partners for those relationships.

I am not sure entirely how to proceed now, but I have faith that eventually I will.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008