SRS Being more friendly

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Verdugo, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Verdugo

Verdugo New Member

Anyone have a link to a site that could give me guidance on how to refine my people skills? Thx a bunch :)

2. DivineOmega

DivineOmega The Supreme Being

3. bacdo

bacdo New Member

I used to be really anti-social but eventually I learned to be more outgoing and vocal in any type of social situation. I didn't realize it then but my friends were very lenient and patient with me growing up. They all subtly encouraged me to speak up more often and what not.. I now know it was just a lack of confidence on my part. Today, I try not to come on too strong in social situations - I have a very strait forward personality.

When in social situations just listen to what the person/people are saying, and contribute your own thoughts, but be careful not to step on anyones toes, I hope you can figure out what I mean, just think before you speak. Ask questions, try to be involved in what's going on.

4. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

I find that I have the same problem, having just moved to a new town. Not really sure how to go about the meeting of new people. It's not a confidence issue, really...

I think it's more a personality issue. I would rather sit back and listen to a conversation, develop my opinions (and keep them to myself), and roll my eyes. I have a tendency to look at things/people with a sense of dry sarcastic humor (if that makes sense at all) ... I'm not all too sure how to throw myself at a new group of people.

Don't want to offend anyone, you know? Bacdo I know exactly what you're saying. It's a tough thing, but just you just have to be patient I guess.