SRS Being impatient = good or bad?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by bimmer318, Mar 12, 2008.

1. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

I am so impatient. with waiting for answers for work, with girls, omg.

When I have the interview i wan a fuckin job
    when i see the girl i wanna fuk
    when i see cool car i wanna get it. then i want something else and cant make up my mind.
    when i see a beer i wanna drink

Can this be a bad thing in general?

2. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Well, has it ever led you to make poor decisions? Do you act on your impatient-ness?

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Um...that's not "impatience" that's you being impulsive. Which is very unattractive BTW.

4. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

Thats why I asking if he acted on it. I'm a really impatient person, but I never do anything about it. Well, I DO, but I dont act out whatever it is that I'm impatient about (like buying a car on impulse) - I just wait it out, ration it out, etc.
    If he does the same it might not be so bad.

5. bimmer318

bimmer318 I'm out of applesauce

Maybe because I believe there is always something "better" out there. I don't know what it is.

I'm in a stage of my life where I think I'm close to something, but I can't quite reach it. I'm about to graduate in less than 2 months, just had 2 job interviews to wich I don't know the answer, staring at my car (even though it's not insured and not driven now). I have a condo in a great location lined up that I can possibly get depending on the job.....

And I asked my friend out and I dunno what she thinks :noes: .. Shes pretty busy but she said Sunday she is free, and don't wanna ruin our friendship

And everything hangs in the balance :o

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Patience is a virtue ,

To accomplish things , time is simply needed. There's not always an apple in the tree you can jump to grab. The apple needs time to grow before you can grab it, its this amount of virtue and time constraint you need to imply on yourself as a natural timer.

People like you should have a hobby like fishing where you learn to be patient, but to save the fishies lives ,buy a bonsai tree,manage to grow and maintain one, and im sure when you do you'll manage to get a better understanding and grip on time, time constraints, and how to act on time in life.

I think the best stance in life is this. Life is short so act as quickly as possible to get your act together, but if something needs time, like in the example above give it time to grow, meanwhile you can do other things.

When it comes to being impulsive, you need to focus only things that you really really need, always ask yourself the question. Do i really need this car? Could i do with less? Yes there's probably always something better out there, but are you really happy with chasing those things to fill in the void in your life? Honestly only love can fill in the gap, not materialistical things.

Take my advice that i've heard from a handicapped person to your heart: Never look at the things that you don't have in life, always look at the things you DO have in life.

Sometimes in life you just have to stop and say: Im happy and satisfied with what i've got. Too little people reflect back on the happyness that they do have in life, family, friends, the rest of the things are just , 'got to have it ' things, but in reality you don't really need them.

Don't get me wrong, adding new things to your life can contribute more beauty and modern things to it. But they have to serve you,now those things are running your life ,they are the boss of you instead of you being the boss of them. Once you are the boss over these trivial things, you'll understand how little they are worth, just like the accessoires of a car, its nice that its there but you don't really need it, as long as your car brings you from point A to B, it should be ok.

7. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Oh yeah, it can be a bad thing. Try to be as patient as possible, otherwise you'll often end up pissing people off or pushing away things that you want.

I know all too well. I'm impatient as shit about somethings.

8. Fleck

Fleck New Member

In general is a bad thing, but sometimes helps to reach sth

9. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Impatience has cost me more than it's ever gained me.

Unfortunately, the side effects of impatience is very often anger and frustration.

I see others that are more patient than I am and I marvel at them. It seems that I have to constantly work on being patient....however, as I've aged, I've found that I'm actually more patient than when I was younger. It's such a nice thing to notice.

10. scottywild

scottywild New Member

ya ur definitely impulsive not impatient, and good luck with the girl mate had a chick say the same thing to me about not wanting to ruin our friendship