SRS being fullfilled...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Xeryus, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Xeryus

Xeryus New Member

So, I was watching The Island today (awesome movie, btw) and for some strange reason I was hit with a thought. I realized that nothing makes me truely happy or fullfilled. And the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I couldn't figure out what was wrong with me.

I've always dreamed about winning the lottery or somehow becoming rediculously rich. And when that would happen, I would finally buy all the things that I've always wanted: the cars, the houses, the boats, the planes. All those expensive toys and gadgets.

But then I realized, that even if I got all that money and all those expensive toys, I think that I would still feel unfullfilled. And I just don't know what would make me happy. Everything I do seems to me that it only gives me a superficial sense of satisfaction. Nothing really deep and meaningful. And I don't know what will make me satisfied, fullfilled, and happy.

Anybody else every go thru something like this? Got any ideas about my predicament?

2. Nightshade

Nightshade New Member

what sort of things do you do that leave you unfullfilled??

have you tried some extreme stuff like jumping out of aeroplanes, bungee jumping, and go-carting??

maybe your real problem is boredom?? :)

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Loving and helping other people results in happyness. Love is for the soul ,as what gas is for a car. Without it we don't feel forfilled, we can't go anywhere and without it we are useless. Love is supreme.

4. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

You need to find your own identity. Who are you really and what makes you so special? Figure that out and you'll find happiness.

5. Xeryus

Xeryus New Member

And what if i can't? I haven't been able to figure out why someone might consider me special. What happens now? Maybe like Darketernal said, I need to find me some of that love stuff.