SRS Being down sucks (rant/need input)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Drifter87, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Drifter87

Drifter87 Yippi-kay-ay, Motherfucker

College is getting me down hard...

I went to Career Counseling to get some help, and they ultimately told me to drop out of college and be a Police Officer, EMT, or Fire Fighter. I really have no idea what I want to do with my life, but I know I do need a Degree and my tech school dosn't have an "undeclared" major. (Plus the liberal arts program here sucks)

The department that is suppose to help you change majors and transfer to other colleges, told me to just use google. I gave them all the information they wanted, and they sent me back an email "Google is a very usefull tool for looking up information" :ugh2: My FYE teacher kept pushing me to use these services saying they would help, but I'm still lost.

I have to say I really don't fit in at a Tech school, gamers and nerds drive me up the wall (the guys who play Counter Strike, Dungeon and Dragons, or can make something simple seem super complex) and I'm not the type who does drugs and vandalizes property. (Drinking can be fun, but not every single weekend). I pretty much do things alone, since the people I talk to/run into rather just sit around and play video games or get drunk. Also eating all my meals alone is getting, well lonely.

My one friend here who I actually liked and got along with, she flipped out on me for no reason (she had reasons, most were made up, or a misunderstanding). I knew things wouldn't last forever, but to do it so randomly and sudden is what bothers me. (We arn't dating, just friends who get physical every so often and chill a lot).

I am looking into transferring colleges, I use to have a lot of fear of... "what if I xfer and everything that is going on now, continues at the new college?, what if it gets worse?". Considering how bad things are, I hope it can only get better.

I have 4 weeks of classes and 2 days of finals to go until summer time arrives. It is just, how can I keep myself busy enough so this time flys by? You can only do so much HW and be at the GYM for so long every day. I'm getting sick of watching movies and tv shows every night, and I got sick of video games a LONG time ago.

I just wish I would wake up from the nightmare... :sadwavey:

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Ok, ask yourself. What do i want in my life. That answer you gave me a long time ago, namely Army Officer.

If you set yourself a goal, let NOTHING stop you. Forget the outside world, you can change your life and it starts and ends with you. So you only have to work on yourself in that direction that you want to goto.

Everything in life comes from people, and evolves around people. So achievements come from yourself, eh you constantly look at other people thinking 'they do it sus and so' how about just living your life the way you want it, and working for that? If you don't know what you want, then just go for your diploma, and in the future you could always decide what you want and the diploma will give you the ability to access that what you want.

3. Drifter87

Right now the Army Career is over, I got the second opinion and DoBMERB still denies me. I can join the airforce or the navy, but not the army.

Right now I am trying to find direction. What is important to me is happyness. As long as I am happy, I can do anything. At RIT I seem to always be down, I do have a few days where I'm very happy, it seems things will get better, and I'll stay till I graduate, but then something happense and I get knocked down again.

When I am home, visiting my bro's college, visiting my friend's college, or just traveling (solo or with someone), I am happy as hell. I go home for a weekend to get a break from college, and when I leave my house I am happy again, I get back to RIT and I crash.

In general, I am a very happy guy. Life would hand me shit, and I would be smiling and saying thank you. For some reason at RIT, I can't make things work for me.

Before college, I had so many good days, I could count the bad ones. Now at college I can count the good ones :hs:

4. Drifter87

Well things got a little better today, parents are more willing of my transfer. Over the summer I am going to apply to new colleges and go visit the ones I get into. I now know what I am looking for and what questions to ask the college admission staff and students I see randomly.

Looks like I will be able to see my best friends from High School, its gonna cost me a lot of money, but its worth it, plus I normally throw my money away anyways.

I just have to make it through 4 weeks + 2days of finals, then over this summer I can start to fix things. Right now I need to focus on getting a 3.0+

5. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

Bury Me Softly In This Womb
    I Give This Part Of Me For You
    Sand Rains Down And Here I Sit
    Holding Rare Flowers
    In A Tomb.....In Bloom

Down In A Hole And I Don't Know
    If I Can Be Saved
    See My Heart I Decorate It
    Like A Grave
    You Don't Understand Who They