being a fatass...has got to stop...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by arejay, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arejay

arejay mr. potato head

yea so, im 5'11, and i weigh 287 lbs...yea im a fuckin fatass...

BUT, i used to be 330...so, i was a much larger fatass last october...I've lost 40 lbs by just working...Yea, I know what you're thinking...I became a letter carrier (mailman) and around here, our mailboxes are on the house, not the street...So we walk to each individual house...I;ve estimated it to be about 4 miles a day total walking..at a nominal pace.

Here lies my problem...I've plateaud...I lost all the weigt, but cant lose any more...Now, losing all that weight was with NO diet change at all...So now im looking for some help setting up a decent excersize and nutrition plan.

Here's my problem though; I can't afford a gym membership (new APT, and new baby) and I only have enough space in the APT for some dumbbells...I really cant even fit a small incline bench (unless i can find one that folds up to fit under a bed or in a closet)

CLIFFS:

Im fat, i need to diet, no $$$ for a gym, i only have space for dumbells (i can jog, or run too though), i dont want to be a fatass anymore...my determination level is at 150%...I'm ready...i just need a head start and some support...

Thanks

2. dread

dread New Member

Get a weighted jump rope. I got one from walmart for $7.

3. arejay

arejay mr. potato head

at 287, i dont have the coordination for a jump rope yet...i'd like to work up to it though...

4. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

change your diet and keep walking

5. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

QFT

6. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

thats not a good idea...
    I would not jump rope at 287
    walkiung is much better
    combined with lifting

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

new apt, does your complex possibly have a weight room? :dunno:

8. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

fix diet FTW

9. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

diet, run daily, lift weights

none of it need be complicated but it all must be consistant.

10. Gouda

Gouda New Member

arejay
    I started my diet in April when I was 325lbs. As of last Friday I was at 250. The weight flys off at first believe me. The plateau sucks I couldnt get passed 260 for almost 3 weeks I was almost at the point of giving up myself then I weighed myself one morning and i was at 258. You just have to put a lot of hard work and dedication into it. I dont have a gym membership either I just run/walk 5 days a week, and I have some free weights I work out with 3 times a week. Plus I do situps and pushups 3 times a week. Just keep doing what your doing, but make a change in what you eat. You will be fine. Good luck man :x:

11. shervin

shervin New Member

at that weight I would avoid high impact exercises.. also now you're going to have to change your diet. try a bike. $50 at walmart

12. Lurker111

Lurker111 New Member

If you don't have much lean body mass and that 287lbs is from a high body fat % I'd think bodyweight exercises (push ups, situps, squats without weight, etc) would probably be useful for a couple of months...but eventually a gym or some weights at home should be in your future.

13. remike

remike the second coming

Cut your calorie intake. I know it sucks, but you should probably count calories. I just started and it isn't very fun at all.

14. arejay

arejay mr. potato head

yea, it has a treadmill, a stepper...a single bench and some freeweights...BUT, it;s only open untl 6am-5pm...

I leave for work at 6:15, and get home around between 4:30 and 5:00 so the complex's gym is out.

15. arejay

arejay mr. potato head

well, i have dumbbells already, and im going to go grab a small flat becnh w/incline to get started...i figure i'll do 3 days of weights and on my off days "run" around my complex (which is about 1 mile around)...and start changing my diet next week, i want to start fresh...

thanks for the innnnnnput...i think im gonna start a thread in the log section to keep track of everything...

16. Riot

Riot OT Supporter

if all you're concerned about is losing weight, you don't necessarily have to lift weights if it's a problem for you.

when losing weight, diet is the most important factor, and i'm not talking about crash diets. keep track of your calories with www.fitday.com (free to register) and at your weight, aim for about 3000 calories per day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.