beginner wants an R1

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by dontothejuan, Sep 25, 2004.

1. dontothejuan

dontothejuan New Member

my good friend wants to buy an R1:ugh: . he has dirtbike experience, but none on a streetbike. please tell me (and him) your thoughts on the subject of beginners on big bikes

Maybe some crash videos, you know brains and stuff

2. dontothejuan

dontothejuan New Member

casey dont be a retard 600 is plenty fast trust me

good luck in school and ill see ya when the sox win the series

3. 98formyws6

98formyws6 New Member

some dude bought an r1 for his first bike, his mom followed him home from the dealer near my house, he wheelied/tboned a car and died on the spot in front of his mom

4. austynn2001

austynn2001 Guest

:rofl:

5. acedanger

acedanger I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner

600 are plenty for your first time on the street. Besides, they are more fun in the twisties anyway

6. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

you have to be a fucking retard who doesnt value life itself to get a litre bike for a first bike

and becoming a better ride? i could smoke a newb on a 1000 in the twisties ;)

7. dontothejuan

dontothejuan New Member

8. penfold

penfold New Member

exactly. I've heard plenty of guys who have been riding liter bikes for 5-6 years getting dusted in the twisties by guys on goldwings who have been riding for 25 years.

600 is plenty fast enough for a first-timer.

think of it this way......

your a chic and a virgin........ do you want to get tagged by some John Holmes type dude and split open and shit or would you rather have a guy with a average size dick to give you a good time.

if you like pain, blood and having to heal, get the liter bike and have fun recovering from crashing.

otherwise, get the 600, enjoy the hell out of it and just try and ride a 600 beyond its ability cuz most people, even the pros have a hard time doing so.

9. tobagator

tobagator But see drugs and plastic thugs, ain't gon change

People who want 1000's for their first bikes are usually the people who want to ride bikes to pick up chicks which is fine because when it comes to geting girls and the respect of most ignorant riders, numbers>* ,but if he is buying a bike for an enjoyable experience then a 600r will take a very long time to dissapoint him. But depending on his reasons his mind is already made up.