beginner here, question about stretching

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by macbook bro, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

you guys have any tips on stretching the arms, or sites to check out to learn different stretches? i started lifting with freeweights a couple months ago and i want to stretch out my arm muscles a bit prior to/post lifting because i think that'll be like.. better for them. i'm a runner so my streatching knowlege is primarily leg based.
    second question: good exercises for forearm strength/handgrip strength? are those squeezing thingies pretty much the way to go?

:o total noob

2. Mippity

Mippity New Member

download magnificent mobility. There is a thread around here somewhere with a link ...

3. Icedtea

Icedtea New Member

4. Ep

Ep Guest

the sqeezing grip helps yeah. Also I forget what its called, but I made one myself. Take like a cylendrical piece of smooth wood, tie a long thin rope to it, and attach the rope to a 5 pound free weight(the length of the rope should be long enough that when you hold the stick out in front of you the weight ALMOST touches the floor). The exercise is to hold your arms completely straight out, without moving, roll the weight all the way to the top. Then roll the weight back down with control and repeat. Good look geting anymore than two your first time using:). Drums do wonders for my forearms

5. LuciferBowels

LuciferBowels New Member

if you can rip a crisp apple in half then you should be content with your grip, if you cant... do the rolly things mentioned the post above me.

6. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

7. macbook bro

macbook bro Guest

that stretching this is like a dvd... :rofl:... any like... explanatory guides or shit? i dont really have time to watch a movie

8. knight42

knight42 OT Supporter

:hsugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.