Before you post about the matrix, read this!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by CyberBullets, Nov 6, 2003.

1. CyberBullets

CyberBullets I reach to the sky, and call out your name. If I c

this should answer 99.99% of all the questions you have!

my views:

Smith = Lucifer
    Neo = Savior (each religion has their own)

Little background on my opinion:
    Lucifer was maintainer of earth, but eventually became corrupt and started to cause torment and anguish. when god found out he cast lucifer to human and live on earth, but still have his same powers. this pissed lucifer off and he started to becme a huge pain in the ass causing more corruption. this was on the 6th day (6000th year depending on what religious cycle, all are in a 7 unit cycle). this is when god (or your savior depending on religion) comes in and saves man from torment and anguish.

6th zion (current one) = when smith gets out of control, neo (the savior) is sent to save man kind. at the end of the movie you see neo become sacrificed, (u also see him as an angel with wings when its in source form, the cables create wings) thus a savior (jesus dies for humans) and an angel (remember lucifer was an angel for god), and smith "took control" of neo at the end. so u see both parties.

Now for why Smith dies.
    Remember how the arch trys to balance the equation and the oracle unbalances it. Neo was a remainder, Smith (the oracles unbalance) was the opposite of neo.
    The equation is as follows.
    essence of Smith = essence of Neo. you have a postivie side and a negative side. (call neo positive, smith for negative).
    When smith took over neo, he killed himself by terminating the equation.
    Smith = Neo
    Smith - neo = 0 (remember what u do 2 one side u do to the other).

neo realized this and let it happen. just like a saviorcomes and save man from torrment and anguis.

so the matrix is distroyed.

the 7th matrix (the sabbith, 7th day) will be peacefull for a while, then the cycle starts over again. every beginning has an end.

thats what i believe, say differnt, i dont care, but i feel i have the most conclusive answer

oh and the part about the source. the source is everything and anything. its all connected. like in eastern religions (and people who are 42+2 geanome) we are all connected. this brings together the source. however, neo can see the source (as can the oracle and arch i assume). they are one of the few. neo has reached a state by going though the door where he realizes love only matters. he has no more material wants in life, thus entering nirvana, a state of awareness and acceptence. (budha reached this).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  2. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

Trinity dies for a reason too...
    She has to die for Neo to realize that death for love is the best/only reason...
    that is why he sacrifices himself...

3. WeaponX

WeaponX OT Supporter

lucifer didnt create the earth, he was an angel that challenged gods will, so he was exiled from heaven, thus ruling over heLL

and i think the Merovingian is more of a Devil figure than smith is. Hes always making deals, and in revolutions hes got that bright red tie. Merovingian, Mephisto..?? Plus the club the Merovingian is at in revolutions is called Club HeLL i believe

4. CyberBullets

ur right he didnt create earth, he took care of it. i should fix that.

Just cause Merovingian is a dealer doesnt make him the devil. He was just a dealer. a peadler of warez. if you needed something he could get it for you, but you do something for him. sounds like a devil... but he had a purpose. why did he let the little girl come in that symbolized the machines representative of love.

i am not sure what his part can be tied to... only time will tell.

5. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

the frenchman, imo, is there to almost set an example, he only has desires...
    it is showing that true power is not money and shit...
    because he will never be satisfied, that is why it is a key part in the movie when trinity says she will kill him and die because of it just to get her love...

6. CyberBullets

you could call him a human flaw. mans want for greed and power. a devil inside us all... but then trin resisted and told him to fuck off.

7. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

and that is why it is key that Trin dies...
    it is the last peace of the Puzzle for Neo...
    Neo after that realizes that Love is the end all to everything...

8. CyberBullets

boo-yeah!

i dont thnk merv is as evil as he is played out to be.

9. iwishiwascool

iwishiwascool Lurker

you are the only one (of the threads I have read) who actually got it.

congrats.

But the question I pose to you as the only thing that I see as being off: When Smith assimilated the oracle, her code was green whereas in the prior parts purely machine characters(seraph / architect ) were represented with orange glowing code. Is it that neo is the only one that can differentiate?

You could also note the underlying theme of free will: We as freethinking, free choosing inhabitants of the "real world" have much less free choice than we believe. We are surrounded by elements of control, we are dependent on self medicated tools of convenience. Our own free will is as nonexistent as that of those who are trapped in the matrix.

And also that all plot elements that do not have a theological premise can be found in Baudrillards Simulacra and Simulation.

10. iwishiwascool

iwishiwascool Lurker

The Merovingian is hades, ruler of the underground as denoted by his wife Persephone.

Also bone up on your history, the merovingians were the rulers of the frankish dynasty circa 400-700ad. They believed they were direct decedents from christ.

11. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

That is the source, i think...
    Smith can see it but can not see the truth in it, that is why it is green, face value if you will...
    Neo sees the real meaning hence the lack of letters and numbers just light, because he is balanced...

12. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

damn, did not even think about that...
    but the name Merovingian, i thought that it ment like merchant???

13. CyberBullets

to add onto this.

1) smith sees the code in black and white. when he takes over the oracle she as seen as green. smith only sees one form of code, not what neo can see. the gold code too.

2) when smith became unplugged that is when he found the source code. noticed at the beginning of 2, when neo fought smith and said "upgrades". smith upgraded himself. at the same time he also found a way to clone himself! that could also explain the encrypted code.

3) neo, unlike smith, understands the code. he is able to know what do to and when. like the arch and oracle know what neo will do next, it is stated in the code.

14. CyberBullets

i was not aware of that. tkx for pointing that out!

15. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

as much as i want to believe the equation, i think there's just a little more to it than that. If you notice, neo dies when he got copied in the real life. But then, the machines put a huge surge of power into his body. After this, Neo-Smith, took of his glasses and started to blow up.

What i believe is, even when smith copies himself onto somebody, a little part of them remains. For example, Oracle-Smith said " for every beginning, there is an end", when he didnt mean to say it. So I'm assuming, with Neo and some of the machine's help, they both defect Smith. :dunno: :hs:

16. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

The machined did not put the power there, It was Neo...
    He was trying to Sacrifice himself...
    He was disrupting Smiths code...

17. CyberBullets

i dont think it remains, i think it becomes a part of the smith entity. remember she let him take him over. her saying that probably reinforced neo what he had to do.

about that feedback, that could just to signify the power that smith controlled. i still find it hard to believe that the machines did anything other then give neo and uplink to the matrix.

18. ParamountOfHate

ParamountOfHate Heh

He said that do a different agent, don't know his name but it wasn't Smith.

19. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

Your arguement #2 is partially incorrect. Neo were just fighting regular agents, not smith when he said "upgrades"

20. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

Neo didnt know about smith taking over the oracle.

21. CyberBullets

hmm ok.

it could be possible that smith changed their code too.

but in the end they become a smith clone too.

22. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

remember, there is a time gap between #1 and #2 movie. It was probably just an upgrade like he said.

23. CyberBullets

but she has said that to neo before. notice the tone it was said in. exactly how the oracle would of said it, but in smiths voice...

24. CyberBullets

true. the machines could of upgraded them, but then arnt old programs (even if upgraded) removed and new ones changed.

they could of kept the same body form however...

25. Captain D.N.

Captain D.N. Guest

it is AI...
    that is why it takes Smith a while to get as good as Neo...