Before and after shot

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by quickone, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quickone

quickone New Member

This was in like my senior year I believe...
    [​IMG]

and this was taken yesterday (4 years later) but I have only started working out seriously for the past month now. Just wondering if theres anything I can improve on or change.
    [​IMG]

I know the before pic is really before but thats the only shot I could find that really showed how skinny my arms were. I'm 6ft and 171lbs. Wanting to get at least another 20lb's on me. I pretty much eat whatever I can get my hands on (hardgainer) and drink alot of ON whey. I take 17hd but right now it's just multivitamins, osteo bi-flex and cee.

2. Vailripper

Vailripper Daywalkers have feelings too.

Arms look good, chest is pretty weak, can't see 3/4 of your body though.

3. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

work on your abs, legs, chest, probably more but you really can't tell from that angle, but if you're 6'0''@171, you need to work on everything

4. quickone

quickone New Member

Yeah I have to work on abs. Thats something I haven't been doing and my legs arent anything special right now cause I have a knee injury. so until that heals i wont be doin any legs.

5. SquallRm

SquallRm New Member

jesus those are some skinny arms..

6. quickone

quickone New Member

first or second pic? first pic is just gross. and 2nd pic I think they are still real skinny. I wish I started lifting way before now. :hs:

7. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

for four years that really mediocre

8. quickone

quickone New Member

I said that that was the only before shot I could find and I didnt start working out really until about a month before the after shot. If I worked out for four years and that was the only progress I had made, I would kill myself

9. quickone

quickone New Member

Idk about that....I do know that 2 years ago I only weighed 140-145lbs. I was taking weight gainer on and off and lifting maybe like for a week jus dumbells and then stopping for a month. I just couldnt get myself into it but for the past month i've actually been sticking with it and have a routine and everything. So in 2 years I went from 140-145 to 171lbs with the past month really working out hard.

10. quickone

quickone New Member

Heres my grocery list for today...anything I should add, get rid of?

String cheese 2packs, Hot dogs, Hamburgers, Digorno Pizza stuffed crust, crispers, Flexamin, tv dinners, chicken, lean beef, protein bars, carrots, yogurt, whole milk, eggs, beef jerky, 4 gallons water, pack of bottled water, olive oil, apple juice, white bread, choc chip eggos, and pasta. sandwich meat

11. Yeah, how about all the garbage? :ugh: Just because you're a 'hardgainer', doesnt mean eat a bunch of shitty food.

12. quickone

quickone New Member

explain how eggs, yogurt, carrots, whole milk, lean beef, chicken, string cheese, protein bars, water, olive oil, pasta, apple juice, and sandwich meat are garbage :ugh:

13. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

String cheese 2packs, Hot dogs, Hamburgers, Digorno Pizza stuffed crust, crispers, Flexamin, tv dinners, chicken, lean beef, protein bars, carrots, yogurt, whole milk, eggs, beef jerky, 4 gallons water, pack of bottled water, olive oil, apple juice, white bread, choc chip eggos, and pasta. sandwich meat

those're the items he was talking about. and the sandwichmeat was just tossed in there cause it could be anything. and i tossed crisper on there cause i dunno wtf that is and i automatically think something greasy.

14. quickone

quickone New Member

crispers are french fries. and im trying to bulk with clean and dirty food. doesnt really matter to me at this point, im just trying to stay away from trans fats. digorno pizza has a ton of calories and protein in it and the string cheese and tv dinners are when i get home from work and dont have much time between then and school. whats wrong with apple juice? sandwich meat would probably be provolone cheese and either ham or turkey

15. rebs

rebs shares AIDS OT Supporter

your lats and traps are FUCKING HUGE

16. quickone

quickone New Member

you dont know just how big they are. the angle blocks the hugeness of the beasts;)

17. Do yourself a favor and do research. I mean that with no disrespect, nobody knows it all. But you are on wrong track. There are much more efficient/healthier ways to bulk than loading up on garbage for food.

18. nathanbx

nathanbx New Member

tell that to the weight lifting macgyver GETJACKED

19. Chris3G

Chris3G Bullshark Testosterone

easier to get more calories, can be less expensive, more fun/enjoyable to be able to eat what you want...plenty of reasons

and if you are putting on 2lbs per week it's not muscle. 2 lbs per week, for a year, would be over 100lbs of lbm in one year. we'd all be walking around looking like pro bodybuilders in no time

20. Elfling

Elfling New Member

String cheese is perfectly fine, even if you're advocating "clean" food. So is apple juice.

21. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Actually, "dirty" bulking IS far more efficient. More calories, less money.

22. Layman

Layman New Member

Who says we're not?

:eek3:

23. Chris3G

tough to say...but once that's over, if you can add 10 or 15 pounds of muscle per year, you are doing pretty well.

24. Chris3G

well any time you increase or reduce your food intake by a large amount you're going to gain or lose water/fluid weight, regardless of noob gains or whatever.

25. I don't know about you, but I don't want to have a heart attack by 30. Bulking also does not only concern caloric intake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.