Before/After Zymöl wax [pics]

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Old School Pervert, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Old School Pervert

Old School Pervert New Member

First off, I want you all to know this is probably the second time I've ever waxed a car. I hated it the first time, and never did it again. I forgot what I used last time but it was TERRIBLE!! (I think it was Turtle Wax). Anyhow, this time I picked up some Zymöl wax. Not because I read any good reviews about it, but because it was the most expensive one I saw and it had the least flashiest bottle. It also claimed to "repair swirl marks". I used it on the Maguier's application pad, and followed with a flanel towel, which ended up being a pretty good combination.

the pics:
    [​IMG]

Keep in mind, I wasn't completely done. I just had to snap a quick pic before the clouds covered the sun and hid the swirl marks. I, personally, thought it worked great but, again, I'm just an amateur and hardly know a thing about detailing. It came through with its claim of "repairing swirl marks".. most of them, atleast. And it really brought out the metallic of the paint (from dull gray to black with a hint of blue). Tell me what you guys think. And let me know if I went with a good wax in comparison with NXT or Zaino. Do you think I would have gotten noticably better results with those?

Thanks! :bigthumb:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2004
  2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Psst...the cleaner wax version of Zymol is made by Turtle Wax. ;)

Actually it is a pretty good cleaner wax and leaves a decent shine. Just not very durable though.

To really get rid of the spider swirls though, you are going to need to use a dedicated swirl remover, glaze and wax/sealant. Zaino will not remove swirls (Z-5 hides minor swirling but doesn't get rid of them), so if you go that route, you will have to remove the swirls then wash the car down with Dawn to remove the oils so Zaino will bond properly.

Personally, if you want something pretty durable and easy, then pick a swirl remover from the product list then use Poorboy's Polish with Carnauba and EX Sealant with Carnauba or EX-P (pure sealant).

3. Old School Pervert

Old School Pervert New Member

Well, the other wax I used was a thick paste. That may be why I didn't like it. The Zymol wax was a thick liquid which it made it much easier to evenly apply.

Thanks for the feedback!