SRS Been pretty depressed lately, dunno why...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by poz, Mar 23, 2010.

1. poz

poz New Member

So as the title says, I have been pretty depressed lately. I am in college right now (first year) and I'm transferring to a school on the other side of the state in the fall to live with one of my best friends and two of our other friends. I should be pretty happy about that, right? Well, I am just thinking how the school year is winding down and I am going to miss the fuck out of everything where I am now. The new school will only be an hour and a half away and I am going to visit a lot but it won't be the same. I really like where I'll be living next year, so hopefully I'll be happier once I actually get there. I also got a job working at Yellowstone this summer, but I'm declining it because the airfare is pretty expensive and I'd rather work around home all summer and take online classes or something. On top of that, I've been seeing a girl lately and we've gone out and hooked up (nothing more than making out) and I found out recently that she has a boyfriend (that she met online that lives 1500 miles away from us). I really liked her (still like her too :o) and I cannot stop thinking about her. I haven't talked to her in a week but I don't even know where to begin talking to her, because she hasn't mentioned a boyfriend before and I found out through a mutual friend that they were going out. She told me "friends" were visiting last weekend but apparently he was down here. I know it's pretty bad that I still like her, and I should just get over her because chances are we won't work out considering 1) their relationship won't end soon because they only talk online mostly, so neither knows what's really happening in each others lives and 2) I'll be moving in august.

I smoke weed occasionally and I think that may be part of the depression issue, but I'm not entirely sure. I've been sick as fuck lately so I haven't been doing it as often, but I'd say I usually do it once or twice a week, making sure it doesn't interfere with my main priority (school).

I am not really sure why I typed all of this, but I guess I had to get it off my chest and my friends have already heard this shit numerous times throughout the past week so I don't really want to bother them. :hsd:

2. jonno

jonno New Member

smoking weed once or twice a week isnt going to cause depression

3. poz

poz New Member

i'm aware of that, hence why i said it "may" be part of the issue instead of "it is the issue". :o

4. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

I'm depressed because I want to live the life your living, and your basically living the life I want and your depressed. Funny huh?

Some people may not realize that their depression is due to their attitude, and not because of a "broken brain". What i'm saying is that you just gotta try to find the best in the situation and focus on that. That is what helps me from time to time. For the last year or so I've been obsessing over the things i've been "missing" out on and it is driving me insane. Be grateful that your at least out there and making good memories. Remember, it could be a lot worse.

5. poz

poz New Member

:cool: True I guess. You are right though, I've been obsessing over shit that I wish would have happened or that I wish I could have had. I'm pretty excited to get the fuck out of here in August, but I will definitely miss the people and the times I've had here. I guess this is considered moving on, which is something I need to realize.

"People want what they can't have" - Pretty much the quote I've been living by recently and I need to stop thinking like this. :hs:

6. schmitty101

schmitty101 You might remember me from such films as "Dig your

Exactly. I'm 21 years old and my only memories over the last few years are sitting in my room by myself/arguing with my parents/feeling miserable on a daily basis/hanging out with selfish assholes and getting in deep shit legal troubles. I'm getting my 2 year degree and my paramedic license at the end of 2010 and I'm debating going off to a university or just moving to SoCal.

Thank your lucky stripes you went off to college after high school and are living it up instead of sitting around your house like I am. Why are transferring by the way?

7. poz

poz New Member

I'm transferring because one of my best friends goes there and we're going to get an apartment with two other kids we know. Either way, my current school and future school are pretty decent universities, so it's not a big deal academic-wise. I really like the area of the new school, and my cousin and his fiance live ~5min from where I'll be living. I have a few friends that I am going to miss here, but I guess I just gotta move on. I'll still talk to them occasionally, but I obviously won't be hanging out with them on a daily basis.