Been out of the game for awhile....

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by StuDLei, Jun 8, 2009.

1. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

My old car was a 98 eclipse GST. I had an Alpine 7995? HU(dead head/no amp), Infinity Kappa components 2 12" Kappa Perfects. Have an older fosgate power amp on the components and an older 800watt fosgate on the subs. sounded glorious.

Now I have a 350z. Same exact system, except different components..they're mtx, don't know the model number. They sound like shit. They sounded good in the store, but since day 1 of having them in my car(2 years ago) they sounded like shit. Subs dont sound as good either, but not bad. That could be for a few reasons(im guessing). The box is different. Its shaped like a V to fit into my tiny trunk space. They're alot closer to my head now. They're litteraly like a foot and a half away from my and they're pointing up.

Anyways, I was a new head unit so I have something I can hook my ipod up to(nano). And I also want good component speakers up front. These mtx's have to go. Im thinking kappas again or I might try bostons. Any advice? Ive been reading alot of reviews and this shit is so confusing now. One thing, I dont give a fuck about blue tooth. The only thing Im going for is the Ipod and sound quality. Looking to spend around 350 for the HU and 350 for the speakers. Figure 300 for install plus a little wiggle room, Im looking at a grand. I can handle that. Thanks.

2. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i'll tell this from my personal expirence, infinity speakers are not even close to what they used to be... between the 2, i'd go with the bostons for sure... both pioneer and alpine make flawless ipod units, so i'd choose between them personally.

3. StuDLei

StuDLei Death before Dishonor

Yeah I really want to go with alpine seeing as ive had good experience with the 7995(the 7995 was outrageous for its time to me, and still works 7 years later now) and I like the looks. Im a little concerned about this whole "IMPRINT" thing though. Not sure if Im going to want to dish out 300 bucks more for that..thats as much as the HU. Ive been reading reviews on Crutchfield and most LOVE IT, but theres some that bitch and say it doesnt do shit. Any experience with this?
    Ill probably go with Boston pros for components. I need to check out their power ratings and the power ratings of my amp. I like my amp is like 90x2 RMS or something.