A&P Been lurking for a bit.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cmendoza, Oct 22, 2005.

1. cmendoza

cmendoza New Member

Been lurking in here for about 2 - 3 months and finally decided to buy a sub and start posting in the art section.

A friend of mine is selling me a Power Shot G6 with 4 batteries and 2 1 meg cards and a bag for 450... I'm considering it.

I have a few questions. First off I’m moving from a power shot 4.1 and I like taking pictures but I’m not VERY familiar with settings. I just keep taking pictures with different settings to see how I like them.

Now I LOVE macro pictures and I just want to know is the G6 worth it? Also if it is what would you recommend for this camera to make it even better? I was looking into lenses but never dealt with lenses obviously since the power shot was 4.0 doesn't have different lenses.

Here are just a few pictures I have took with the g6 (just got it a week ago) Nothing GREAT but decent for me. Keywords *for me*

Last edited: Oct 22, 2005
  2. cmendoza

cmendoza New Member

3. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

4. mojito

mojito New Member

thats our P&S camera. Its a great camera. I can still print off huge photos, nice detail and color, basically every control you could ever need out of a camera that size. 4 batteries is overkill unless you won't see electricity for weeks. but you may want more memory, espcially is you end up shooting RAW or video at all

5. excessive

excessive New Member

I like your pics... but why is your camera always on the ground ?

6. cmendoza

cmendoza New Member

how I shoot. I don't find normal picture good ( in my eyes ) I always see my normal shots like that boring. I find views from the ground make everything seem larger then life, more detailed and more not normal I guess. Alright thank you guys for your input it really helps.

7. Jenny Jenn

Jenny Jenn New Member

I would say go for it. I went from a Canon A70 to a G6. I too wasn't very familiar with settings and using manual. But, the G6 is a good camera to learn on, I think. I now am completely comfortable with manual but it's also nice to be able to have auto for certain times. The macro setting is decent. You can buy an adapter for the camera so that you can get filters... I have a few macro ones which were only like 30 bucks for the three but they work pretty well. And, 450 bucks with 3 batteries and those cards AND a bag is a pretty damn good deal.

8. cmendoza

cmendoza New Member

alright thanks =)