SRS Been having dreams of my dead mom

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by JuniorH, May 28, 2007.

1. JuniorH

JuniorH New Member

So a little over 2 years ago my mom got cancer and died. That isn't something you ever really get over, I feel like I am used to the fact that she is gone but I don't think I will ever really be "over" it. Obviously it is something I think about everyday but I'm definitely not grieving anymore.

Since she died I can only remember dreaming of her once, and I woke up completely terrified. Now in the past week I have had dreams about her twice. They were both similar, I was a young kid again and my family(dad mom brother me) was together. But these weren't memories I have, we were on a trip in the car but we were in strange places one I remember vividly was an oil field/refinery. Weird "dreamlike" things were happening but the thing I remember the most is feeling like a young child again.

I'm not really expecting anyone to tell me the meaning of this, if it means anything at all. I guess I just wanted to talk about it. What do yall think?

2. Takitome

Takitome New Member

I'm sorry for your loss.
    I think most dreams mean something. Like something your sub consious self or something else is trying to tell you. It's strange how a dream that seems so randomised can actually have deep meaning in it when you think about it, like it was thoroughly planned and written.

I've never been good at figuring out that stuff, but I had a friend who was like a wizard on the subject. She used to write down her dreams when she woke up so she wouldn't forget them before she analysed and eventually figured them outlike some puzzle. She kept them in a book like a diary and would sometimes look over it, like it was tidbits of wisdom. I was amased of what she could gather from a dream that just seemed so strange, out of place and meaningless to me.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Your dream basically means that you want to be back together with your mom again, the image that you have of (mom,dad,bro,you) is what we call a 'complete' image. And you people spending time on the field represents how you feel or imagine how your world is 'supposed to be'.

I feel sorry for your loss. But i have something to say about your feeling of not getting over it. Imagine if you would have died instead of your mom, would you have loved to see your loved ones grieving and in sadness and tears unable to move on for many many years to come? Of course not you would want them to be happy, and live the best possible lives they could have, so instead of dying for your mom, try living for her.

4. Discovery44

Discovery44 Thread Killer

:hug: :bigthumb:

5. JuniorH

JuniorH New Member

I don't think its something that you ever really "get over." I have accepted it and I have moved on. It isn't something I dwell on, I did that for a long time but I don't anymore. But at the same time I still think about her everyday.

I have the exact same feeling for sure. For a long time I didn't know what to do without her. But now I ask myself what she would want me to do all the time, and I think doing that has changed me a lot.

6. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Well that's a good direction, i would try to appreciate the dreams as wonderfull yet brief moments that you can more or less be with your mom again. And indeed don't dwell its most likely that you will remember your mom in year heart for the rest of your life, and that's a good thing, because it displays the wonderfull love you have for your mother. For the rest its mainly just a time thing in order to heal from the odeal. Give yourself as much time as you need, and try to find peace and solitude in wonderfull memory of your mom.

7. Bear Klaw

Bear Klaw Guest

My mother died a little over two years ago from cancer as well. I have only had one dream with her in it. This was over a year ago.. I am not sure if i should be happy that i have not had anymore dreams..

8. The Saggin' Nutz

The Saggin' Nutz New Member

9. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

10. YourMomOnRyeBun

YourMomOnRyeBun New Member

Spiritus...WTF was that post about?

I still have dreams about my Grandmother that passed almost 10 years ago. I cheerish the dreams as "another moment in time with her". They are never scary or bad, but similar as you described. Realistic but not a memory of an event that actually happend.

11. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

I have dreams about my loved ones that have passed. I think they are visitations from them. Yes I do believe in life after life and I believe that our loved ones energy still can communicate with our energy.

I cannot remember even one of these dreams where I woke up scared. Perhaps it's my strong belief in life after life.