SRS Been all sad and depressed about ex today... just found out why.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by DJ Winds, Nov 8, 2006.

1. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

So today I have been all down and feeling sad. All that was on my mind was my ex girlfriend. I think about her a lot, but nothing like this. I looked at the date, and realized, it was 5 years ago today that we had to have an abortion. Now, I am not trying to make this an abortion thread, she was 16 years old, I just turned 19 when it happend, we had been together for almost 2 years at the time. We were stupid for not using protection and I know that... but every day I regret it. Man, I need to get over this girl, I can't go an hour without thinking of her every day, and today... it's every second. :wtc:

2. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

been broken up for a few years, stopped talking and hanging out a year ago... i know theres something wrong with me that i can't get over her like i should.

3. killer4605

killer4605 New Member

couldn't make it work or what?

4. Vixxen

Vixxen New Member

i don't think there's anything wrong with you. getting over someone is hard especially when you felt strongly about that person. just try to keep yourself occupied and time will work its wonder. :wiggle:

5. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

Thanks guys... I guess i just need to find that special someone to get my mind off of her.

6. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN Active Member

I think the best way to get over a girl is to find another girl depending on if the girl was a heartless bitch or understanding about it not working out.

If you guys stopped talking over a year ago you should have well moved on though. Do you still sit at home moping around or do you go out?

7. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

I go out all the time, but I always have her on my mind.

8. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN Active Member

I know the feeling. One time I ran into my ex at the club with someone else, not fun at all.. I just left feeling hurt. Well, I'm not sure what to tell you. What I do sometimes when it hits me like that in my mind, I try to reason with myself that I can definitely find better and that I didn't really lose anything; it's her risk to find someone better. Then I work on becoming interested in other girls and that gets my confidence back.

9. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

I dread that day to come every day.

You know the worst part... she is also good friends with my sister, they became friends when we were dating, my sister and her boyfriend are talking about getting married, now i know bridget will be there with a date, its gonna be so weird, and awkward.

10. DiggityDogg

DiggityDogg Guest

It may be hard dude but you really need to get off it already for your sake. Don't you think you deserve more in life than fucking crying about a ex from years ago? Have some self respect man! You're a great guy! You've got a lot to offer the world! Only you can get your ass out of this pity party and move on.

11. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

I can hope man, its hard. She was my best friend, hell my only friend... I know I shouldn't have but I deserted all my other friends when we were dating... I have friends now which is good. I guess the only thing keeping me around the area is my company.

12. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN Active Member

I did the same thing. I deserted my other friends, and became somewhat homebound, just going out with my ex on the weekends. Not the best thing to do but you live and learn. I wouldn't do that again.

I would try to find someone else with traits your ex didn't have to help you get over her. Like for instance, a lot of people including myself didn't think my ex was mature enough at times, especially with relationship trouble. So I talk to girls my age. People change though; hell she already changed me and I'm sure she will some day. So you never know if your ex may come back around; it's a pain in the ass cause that hope always stays with you and bothers you.

You are young like me though. Sometimes this shit is just inevitable. You need confidence back. Lift weights or something. Going to school making something out of yourself helps too. At our age, girls typically want guys that are pursuing future goals/careers. Easy for me since I just finished college. Maybe if your ex sees things like that she will rethink? Not sure if you plan to ever see her again.

13. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

This is exactly what I need to stop thinking. The hope is what hurts the most. Deep down I know she is not coming back, ever, but I keep wanting it so bad, I can not let myself belive it. It will never happen, she has moved on. I know she is everything I could ever want in a girl though. She is not a slut, she was trustworthy, she was smart, had goals... she was everything I could have EVER asked for in a girl... but we grew up... and realized the whole highschool love thing was not going to last. Atleast she did.

14. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

idk if your like me, but i like to listen to songs when i feel like this... these songs aren't happy, rather i use them to get all my emotions out by just singing along and thinking... with that in mind, take a listen to this song, keep in mind it's not happy, but about a father and abortion as well...

flipsyde-happy birthday

15. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

ok thanks, I'll listen to it. I was going to say... listening to songs is probably what keeps me going.

16. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Music is a great way to release stress. If you play an instrument, you should definately look into doing that to get some of it out. As well, music is always a good way to start a conversation with somebody.

Time is the worst enemy dude. Just keep yourself motivated, and don't trip to the past.

17. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

She didn't "have to have an abortion". The two of you made the decision to do so. Get over it, it's in the past and nothing can change that. Seek counseling if it's still bothering you that much.

18. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

I don't think the abortion is the root of the problems, its just that I think of her all the time.

19. Crush

Crush Epidural hematoma up in this bitch

Get over her or go back to her. Doing the later will make you her bitch. I hate to be blunt, but sometimes a strong pair of glasses is what's needed to see the correct path.

20. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Just speaking from personal experience ... you've gotta prepare for the fact that you might never get her out of your head entirely ... The first girl I was ever in love with I was with for 3 years ... I'm now about 7 years removed from that relationship, we're both married and moved on, and I still get uber-nostalgic about her some days, but like others have said you've just gotta find someone to replace her.

21. DJ Winds

DJ Winds Guest

Thanks, makes me feel better knowing that Im not crazy.

22. Moistfly

Moistfly Anal Bum Cover

Crazy is very relative ... I think the people that can so easily remove themselves from their emotions are the crazy ones ;) ... In fact I'm of the opinion that it's healthy to always be emotionally engaged with ones past, for a variety of reasons :bigthumb:

23. BlaXicaN

BlaXicaN Active Member

I've heard successful counseling stories if you need to go that route. Might wanna consider that since you two have been apart for so long and it still bothers you every second.