LGBT bed head look

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by TheMustafa, Jun 18, 2004.

1. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

how do I get it? I have American Crew gel, fiber, and pommade. usually I go for the gel-up-the-bangs look, but i want to try the whole bed head thing; it looks more sophisticated. how do i physically apply the stuff to get the tousled look?

2. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

I soo did this in high school... If you want to master the "Bed Head" look, you need a great hair gel and hair spray. Additionally, you can use a waxing stick or wax product to help keep the style. A good gel-mousse product gives a mousse-like hold to towel-dried hair.

Apply whatever amount works in your length hair (I used my usual quarter-sized blob). Run it through your hair, and pull it out with your fingers so it stands up. You can blow-dry it briefly if you like—I used to for just a few minutes to get the serious wet out. (But if you decide to blow-dry it, put your hand flat on your hair and swirl the hair so that it doesn’t set in any one direction.)

The next product you need is a good holding hair spray. You need to work fast, because it dries quickly.

Here’s an important tip: Don’t fuss with it anymore than you have to. Generally speaking, less is more. (The biggest thumbs-up for this style is that is should take a only a lil time.)

Start with the back of your head. After spraying, run your fingers from the nape of your neck up to the top of your head so that the hair stands up. The idea is to get the hair going in the opposite direction it usually grows.

For additional interest, twist the ends as you pull the sections up and out. This helps integrate the hair, too. (If you like bangs, it will make some wispy ones, then push the rest back and up.) If you had been wearing the sides long to put behind your ears, either fluff it out around the ears, put it all back, or (my fav) pull a few pieces forward and tuck the rest back.

I don’t know if the spray does this to all hair types, but with mine, I noticed ends seemed to curl. The sides make nice little "fishhooks" that look great.

If you like, use Kusco Murphy wax for extra hold and shine. This product looks like wax and it has a waxy-feeling. Here’s a simple trick to using it: put a little of it on your fingertips. Using the other hand, rub your hands together briskly to distribute the product and warm it up. With the fingertips, dab it on lightly from scalp to ends. You don’t have to coat every hair; you just want to give the hair additional lift and shine.

Now that the styling is complete, leave it alone. You'll look fabu :bigthumb:

3. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

thanks coco, i'll try what you said, but it sounds kinda complicated. usually i just take a glob of pommade and rub it through my hair. anyways, here's some pics, if you wanna critique my ass... (btw, i've lost around 10 lbs since then, and am gonna lose about 15-20 more)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]