Becoming Sensative?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by 2500, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2500

2500 Guest

So, you know how a very sheltered child can be more sensative to disturbing scenes or bad situations... and, a very lethargic person can pull a muscle and hurt themselves if they do minimal amounts of labor?

well, my question is, can our stomachs and immune system work kinda the same way? i watch what i eat very carefully, i always use hand sanitizer and wash my hands alot. i use lysol, hardly ever prepare raw meat, wash veggies real good, disinfect everything, etc etc. however, i suffer from more stomach aches than most people i know. could my very strict attitude be causing me to be more sensative to things normal carefree people have become used to? like a little bacteria, etc.

2. xSteveO

xSteveO Guest

sounds like just an excess amount of calories and gas from all the food

3. 2500

2500 Guest

eh, calories, no. i eat just about 2000 a day. gas, maybe.

4. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

you sound like a germophobe

it's not bacteria giving you stomach aches... if it was really bacteria then it would have to be food poisoning and you'd be throwing up and having diarrhea, not getting a little stomach ache. I agree that it's probably gas.

get help for your unrational fear of germs. having a few germs around = stronger immune system and less homo too.

5. 2500

2500 Guest

well i was gay long before i was a germophobe, but thats besides the point. so, i should prolly toss out the hand sanitizer and lysol, and just wash my hands before eating and after shitting? Seems I get more stomach aches when i eat good too. lots of veggies, nuts, wheat bread, pasta, fish, rice. but if i am out alot, and eat wendys and burger king, my stomach feels fine, lol. but i get the shits too, not just stomach aches.

6. 4cd-Air

4cd-Air Rape seemed like the next logical step

You've just never been exposed to the myriad of bacteria and microorganisms that most of us probably shrug off on a day to day basis. Basiclly, your immune system is a big pussy. Every time you get sick, your body develops and catalogs specific antibodies to fight that infection again later. You've spent your whole life preventing exposure while the rest of us just got sick and got over it.

7. Krazy

Krazy OT Supporter

freak

go see a psychologist

8. 2500

2500 Guest

so, why the name calling? just curious.

9. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

:wavey2:

10. 2500

2500 Guest

yeah i know, i just wanted to see if maybe he thought by name calling he looked cooler or something. more "macho" or whatever he thinks it proves.

11. VinSVT

VinSVT New Member

How are your stress levels?

12. 2500

2500 Guest

well, they could be better, lol.

13. igo4bmx

igo4bmx WHAT WHAT WHAT THE FU OT Supporter

i think you're overdoing the cleanliness of your life and that could be a problem.
    as an example- i didn't have good spicy korean food for about a year, and then i went to my parents and ate a shitload, and my stomach was not happy for two days. I used to eat this shit daily and not have issues...

14. 2500

2500 Guest

right, thats kinda along the lines of what i'm thinking. i don't have OCD, and i don't wash my hands 10 times every 5 minutes. i am just very cautious. whenever i crack eggs, i wash my hands. whenever i am out, i come home and wash my hands. i sanitize here and there as a "just incase i touched something the dog shit on." personally, i don't see anything wrong with it, because, what am i gonna do, get raw egg on my hands and not wash them? but i think maybe i focus on it a little too much, and do take it a little overboard when it comes to certain things.

15. 2500

2500 Guest

why do you ask? think my stress could be messin with my stomach?

16. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

word dude... it's messed up because when i eat out or things with high fat my stomach feels good and all.. but I can barely stomach some plain chicken breast and broccoli.... I still eat healthy most of the time but it never makes my stomach feel that great to eat some fish and asparagus or the like...

Eat more fat :dunno:

17. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

If you keep thinking about how you have stomach aches and such, you notice it more often than normal people do. That's one problem with self-reported measures in scientific studies : if you pay attention to it, it seems like it happens a lot more than it happens normally.

18. 2500

2500 Guest

i agree. i've noticed that with a pain in my side yesterday. i would remember "oh yeah, i had that pain" and then i would feel it again, lol.

i wish i could be more carefree, but since my anxiety started, i seem to be so cautious about food and germs. part of me just wants to eat what tastes good, but at the same time, theres nothing wrong with eating good food that tastes good, ya know? its just funny how i was eating wendys alot cuz a buddy started working there, and i felt fine. then it was time to go grocery shopping, and i bought fish, carrots, corn, nuts, and THEN i got sick, lol.

does anyone know anything about IBS? specifically, IBS-D? thats what my Dr told me i had. personally, i dunno if i believe in it. i think its more, if you worry and have stress and stuff, your stomach just bothers you more. he tried getting me on meds, but i'm holding off for a little while to see what i can do about it without the meds. 9 times outta 10, if i get sick, its within 30 min or less of eating. occasionally, like last weekend, it was a day or so after being VERY stressed when i found my tires flat by vandalism, and it wasn't until 3 days after until the real bad pains and, going, started. i dunno, could be IBS, could be me just thinking about it, could be i'm just overly sensative to certain foods, could be alot of things. all i know is it sucks, and i wish i could go back to eating like i did a few years ago. taco bell at 2 am, IHOP at 4 am, fast food for every meal. i never remember getting stomach aches. seems like once i started eating right, the pain and "D" starting coming more, lol.

on a better note, i had a shit test, urine test, blood work and an Xray done and nothing came back with anything of concern. all normal.

19. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Being too anxious about how one's body reacts and how one feels is how many people end up having panic attacks. You can maybe think about seeing a psychologist for a couple of sessions.

20. 2500

2500 Guest

I was seeing a therapist before I moved. I think thats a big part of my problem. I'm very aware of everything my body is feeling, and i'll obsess over my stomach even if i feel a slight little, nothing. then it gets worse. but, i think its something a little more than that now. i used to get the shits and aches here and there, and i was ok with it. take a little pepto if it got too bad, cut back on shitty foods. but now, its getting to the point that sometimes, within minutes of eating, i'm curled over from pain and running to the bathroom. IBS i think is working its way into my life, but, i wouldn't be surprised if its stemmed to my anxiety, hypochondria, etc. luckily, knock on wood, i don't have panic attacks anymore. just the worry, nervousness, over thinking, catastrophizing, etc....

21. Merit83

Merit83 Your mama was a snowblower!

i used to eat everything i saw when i was a kid, i would pick up cigarette butts, trash, everything you can imagine. i would also barely ever care about anything that was dirty, ie. dumpster diving etc...i think because of me exposing myself to these various and numerous kinds of bacteria that my immune system is stronger now. im rarely sick and if i am, it will usually be something pretty bad

22. 2500

2500 Guest

damn, i never ate garbage like that, but i did love my fast food. today i had a hotdog, gyro and fries and i felt great. the other day i had a piece of fish and corn and i got the shits, lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.