SRS becoming more then friends... (long read)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by StickBoy, Jul 14, 2005.

1. StickBoy

StickBoy New Member

We've been friends since May 04... really close, kinda seperated from our clique of friends we're that close. I talk to her almost every day, I know everything about her, she knows everything about me.. yada yada yada. Anyway she wants to do something this week because we "haven't hung out in forever" since school finished. (nothing serious, we live like 3 minutes from eachother) .. anyway I took this opertunity to ask her to go out for food then come back to my house and watch tv and talk and stuff (Sounds boring but it's awesome with her), she agreed.... now she broke up with her boyfriend (DOUCHE) just recently so she's single now, but I'm not going for the rebound, I just want her to know how I feel before she starts talking to some other Douche and starts dating em.

was suppose to be a small speech that I'm gonna say to her at dinner but then it got pretty long, was just wondering if it's appropriet if I wrote it out and gave it to her at dinner... she would completely understand because in highschool we were both nervous wrecks for public speaking.

here's what I have so far... some stuff might sound retarded, but we've got some weird ways of communicating but it works. Note this was originally suppose to be given orally :)mamoru: ) so it might sound like vocal slang.

critisize please! Maybe help me finish it properly... I don't know, I guess I just want a place to vent because this is really hard for me to do.

2. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

The note is nice, but I think you'll have a better shot at a happy ending if you SHOW her your feelings that you have written, not pass a note.

Next time you're close to her, hold her hand, put your arm around her, something of that nature. Gauge her reaction and respond appropriately.

3. StickBoy

StickBoy New Member

It's still childish if I'm sitting closely beside her in the restaurant booth or whatever? Not like i'm just giving it to her and running away. And yeah I will try that hand + arm thing sometime. Thank you!

4. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

That note seems a bit like its going all over the place. With not much message getting across. I guess since its supposed to be said... then say it. Specially while your hanging out... jus be honest.. tell her how you feel.. and thats that.

Of course at this time, it would look bad as she JUST got out of a relationship... just let her know your feelings in person..

5. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

well different situations call for different things, holding hands at the movie theater certainly imparts that you are looking for more than just being friends.

maybe an arm around her if you're watching a movie at home on the couch and you're already close to her on the couch.

just some examples