Becoming an egg donor

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by befriending, May 2, 2008.

1. befriending

befriending New Member

I'm looking for serious answers, so I'm posting in here.

Have you been an egg donor or know anyone that has? I'm curious about the process from the point of view of someone that's done it.

I've been reading up on it for a while now and I'm interested but just want some reviews.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I almost did it a few years ago when I was beyond broke. The only thing that stopped me was the fact that the one place I found that did it was hours away and you had to go for multiple sessions. I couldn't even afford the gas to get there :(

3. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

it takes a toll on you mentally from what I've seen/heard.
    like iwywb said, the continuous sessions and all the testing ,background checks and what not you have to go through is a big inconvience.

if you are doing it for money, it's not worth it imo.
    what even sucks is that if the egg(s) don't implant, then that couple/person still paid money to get a child and in my mind, that sucks and is sad

4. befriending

befriending New Member

i wouldnt be doing it for the money. ive researched a couple of really good fertility centers in my area and they have really good success rates. and even for the families that need the donor, they offer other options/money back if it isnt successful.

the one thing that i'd have a hard time with is sticking myself with a needle daily during the cycle.

5. befriending

befriending New Member

to help a couple that isnt able to start a family on their own. i know that women/couples go through a lot when they find out that they cant produce, spend dollar after dollar trying everything that they can, medical tests, surgeries, etc. if im healthy and able to contribute, why not.

i understand that if the procedure is successful, i'd have half of me running around the country somewhere, and i'm okay with that. whoever used my eggs would have been the woman to carry the child for 9 months, so its more hers than mine.

6. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I would be interested to hear this as well. I could use some serious extra cash, and seeing as I'm not going to be using my eggs for many, many years, someone might as well make use of them.. :hs:

7. MissKitty

MissKitty If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum' OT Supporter

In our country you don't get paid for it. That means you get quality and not just any drop dead moron who wants a few bucks.

I thought about doing it, but I couldn't handle the thought that I would have biological children out there walking about. Thinking of all the childless and child'ed couples who could benefit from my gift was nearly enough :)

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

I think most agencies over hear let the parents pick the egg donor. By that, I mean they might present them with a portfolio of those they currently have who are interested and have been approved to be egg donors. Give the parents a chance to choose the Harvard grad over the high school drop out :hs:

9. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

you have tattoos though? is it that different