SRS Becoming a hermit

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Fox800, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Fox800

Fox800 Fear Boner OT Supporter

Moved to Austin back in June to take a new job (which is great). I work three days a week (Sat, Sun Mon) and have Tues-Fri off. I live alone and work is really all I have going for me at the moment. I have a sister who also just moved to Austin to go to school at UT. Don't really have any friends down here , I know a few coworkers but we don't socialize. I have two or three friends that I go drink with but thats about it. I find my days being wasted away in bed, sleeping in and playing on the computer. I'm in a town that's supposed to be full of stuff to do, but I find myself sitting at home on my days off, alternating with going out and getting drunk at the 6th St. bars. I've been working out sporadically, looking forward to going back to school in Jan for medical school pre-requisities. How do you guys stay sane when all you have is work, and you live alone?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Its your approuch towards life, the only thing that you learn from being an introvert is that you have to be an extravert, introvertism is a pathway towards lonelyness. You have to gain insight, getting rid of doing pointless things in your life is very important, doing pointless things makes your life feel pointless, wasting time behind the computer is wrong. Its better to throw yourself out of the house , walk to the mall and shop, goto the movies, go to the places were people gather, you might be going alone, but your alone with a LOT of people around you and that makes a BIG difference in how you feel.

Change your lifestyle.

3. BwanaKuu

BwanaKuu New Member

I kind of agree with this. I remember that at the start of this semester (freshman in college), I went to school 5 days earlier than most people. There were a few people on campus but it was mostly empty. I remember when my parents left my dorm room feeling the loneliest I have ever felt. I felt so scared. Luckily I decided to get out of the room eventually and just walk around town. That helped a ton, it helped me feel like I was still connected with society. I still didn't really talk to anyone since there weren't many people to talk to anyway (wasn't gonna talk to random townies). When everyone else got to school though, things got much better. Interacting on the internet is fine and good, but you still need to get some real social interaction even if you don't necessarily make friends. And you probably will end up making some anyway.