MMA Bear Complex

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Kenny Dalglish, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

i know a lot of guys here do crossfit and more specifically the bear complex..

i want to start lifting again but im one of those people who cant or doesnt want to lift for like 40 minutes/3x a week etc..

i also am training for my triathlon in july nick diaz style.. so i want to lift maybe 2-3x a week max in combination with running swimming and biking.. although the style of lifting i want to do is counter productive to training for the triathlon my main goal is to cut weight and add muscle so im not too worried about it..

my main issue is.. can i just do bear complex a couple times a week and call it a day? should i add a kettlebell day? keep in mind simple is the best for me because if not ill just get lazy..

and i didnt post this in F&N because i know a lot of you guys do the bear complex and i love you all

2. RMarks

RMarks New Member

:h5: Shinebox

3. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

Xfit is all about variation + intensity. Do 3 unrelated complexes at high rep scheme. And moderate weight in a short time period. Do a totally different set of complexes for the next workout.

4. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

i get that but i dont really wanna do xfit.. just the bear complex :/

its because im mad lazy and dont have time.. just wanna do something for like 20 min and leave

5. Drummer161616

Drummer161616 New Member

6. Titus

Titus New Member

that's horrible programming. there are much better approaches and you can actually organize and think out your crossfit workouts, so that they aren't completely random. a better approach to crossfit, which all of the top affiliates take is this:

Warm up
    Lift - heavy strength work - 5/3/1 is a good choice (squat, press, clean/snatch, deadlift)
    Short metcon that compliments your chosen lift for the day

i've been thinking about making a thread here and programming some crossfit workouts since i know a few people here do it on their own, but might not necessarily know which direction to take in their workouts

7. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

Maybe make it MMA/BJJ related since this is the cage forum? I know I would definitely be interested in something like that.

8. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

well yeah I typed that out on my damn phone. fuck you lol

9. Titus

Titus New Member

I'll work on a little pdf that would outline the strength aspect and will have a bunch of different metcon workouts to choose from.

10. cswfighter

cswfighter New Member

Sounds good, let me know when you finish this up.