MMA Be careful with chokeholds

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Mugwump, Jul 6, 2006.

1. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

Or might kill the guy, and the law won't like that...

--
    Bouncer's Manslaughter Trial Begins

(AP) St. Cloud, Minn. Opening statements are expected today in the manslaughter trial of a bouncer at a St. Cloud bar.

Twenty-five-year-old Paul Robert Buboltz is charged with causing the April 2005 death of Justin Smiley.

Smiley had been thrown out of the Red Carpet bar and was trying to re-enter when he got into a scuffle with the bouncer.

Authorities say Buboltz held Smiley face down on the ground for ten minutes while waiting for police. [In a chokehold.]

Smiley fell into a coma and died 18 days later. An autopsy determined he died from a lack of oxygen because of prolonged compression of his neck.

A 12-person jury and three alternates were selected yesterday.

2. Teh Awesome!

Teh Awesome! Guest

that bouncer needs to be put in jail for life. fucking idiot. i hope he dies.

3. Bush77

Bush77 New Member

i got shitkicked by 4 bouncers once, in a parking lot. :hsd: i was by no means innocent, but they definitely take it too far. oh well

4. Phill A. Peno

Phill A. Peno It's Filipino, stupid. OTTC, Cycling Crew, WRX Cr OT Supporter

does he even make tracks anymore?

5. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Who the hell are you guys talking about?

6. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

ahhh, yes... you both lost me.

7. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

who the fuck chokes somebody for 10 minutes when they aren't trying to kill that person? :ugh:

8. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

On the other hand these guys are paid to deal with people like that, and obviously they should do so according to the law, without wrongfully beating up on them. If they need to be subdued, that's fine. Punched once or twice to get a point across? If necessary... Beaten or choked to the point of a coma? Nobody needs that for being drunk and stupid.

9. xinster

xinster New Member

l2tap:bowdown:

10. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

kind of related to this, my friend asked me to show him something cool today so i tought him the blood choke, he wanted to practice it on me so i let him and he didn't let go when i tapped he thought it was fun, he had me in there for like 10 seconds until he let go and i was dizzy as fuck for a minute, like i was drunk, now my head hurts like shit. I gotta repay him the favor next time i see him :squint:

11. Mugwump

Mugwump Guest

next time, beat the shit out of him for almost making you retarded (re: cutting off circulation to the brain)

12. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

what I would have fucking popped him in the nose for playing like that.

13. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Happened here a few months ago RNC and the dude dies from an anuerysm

14. Katsumoto

Katsumoto New Member

Same thing happened here about a year ago, the family sued and won a bunch of money.