GUN Be careful what you buy online.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by footratfunkface, Mar 30, 2004.

1. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

here's one thing that, had it taken place over OT, could've possibly resulted in fazle being investigated by the feds:

one of my two best friends owned an interceptor vest. i say owned, because as of this evening, two DOD agents are now the possessors of said vest. it was confiscated in part of an investigation into some guy who had been selling stolen interceptors over the internet, and maybe elsewhere. he bought it on ebay, and of course, had no idea it was stolen, because the date range on it is not out of the ordinary for a used interceptor. and you can buy interceptors that are not stolen. so, be careful what you buy online. he's not in any trouble, so far as i know, and paypal will most likely give him his money back, since he's got a confirmed account. he has an evidence reciept for the vest. what's stupid is his parents, who just let the agents into the house, which opened up the opportunity for a search, if they had been so inclined.

by the way, the agents showed up in a blue saturn, with no gov't plates, of all vehicles.

2. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Little low on defense budget because of the war :o

3. mrbill

mrbill New Member

good to know. on a side note, the only ppl the wife and i let into are house are ppl we trust. if someone showed up on our doorstep wanting to search, they better have a warrant or they aren't coming in. not that i have anything to hide, but all the same, if you want to search my place, get a warrant or it ain't gonna happen.

4. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

yeah, my friend wasn't the one answering the door, or they'd have never come in. they had the trail leading from the stolen vests to the guy selling them, and were basically just recovering them, from what i gather. they had enough to get a warrant, so handing over the vest was the way to go, but that could've been done without letting them in. his parents just don't know any better.

5. OPM Inc.

OPM Inc. OT Supporter

That's some scary shit. Glad it turned out ok.