FRK BDSM Books

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Dr. Arbitrary, Sep 11, 2004.

1. A friend of mine is dating a girl who was, in her last relationship, involved in a lot of BDSM. She's got a lot of problems because apparently, she wasn't really too happy with the BDSM but went along because she wanted to make her boyfriend happy. She's got a lot of issues with the whole thing now and my friend is trying to understand.

His girlfriend mentioned two books, "The story of O", and "Screw the Roses, send me the Thorns."

I was wondering if I could get some input on the two books because I haven't been able to get ahold of either... I'm working on a time limit.

I want to make sure that my friend doesn't develop an unhealthy attitude with respect to BDSM as I know from firsthand experience that it can really be a fun experience if both parties are willing.

Also, do you think it would be useful to have him log on and ask some questions here? I know that the rules really don't allow extremely negative talk about the freaky, but he's having a hard time dealing with the subject.

2. i have the story of o on DVD!!! - not sure how else to respond

3. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

"Screw the Roses, Send me the Thorns" is a terrific Pro-BDSM story. Its a fabulous place to start for people looking to understand their BDSM needs and learn more about themselves. Great book.

As far as him checking in here, no problem i can see..as long as the conversation is nice..which im assuming it would be. But he would be better served going to a BDSM related site such as www.bondage.com. Its a great little community site that in addition to personals, etc, has a terrific forum designed for all skill levels and familiarity. I learned TONS from them. He can ask questions, or simply sit in and read the topics.

As far as his girl goes..sounds like she may have had a bad experience with it..perhaps with someone inexperienced. Dont push her..let her explore this all on her own, with a little guidance perhaps, but on her own terms. The book is a good start. Let her go from there.

4. Eugene Wildwood

Eugene Wildwood Foxbody for life!

I personally don't think the Thorn's book would be a good start for him, unless the pain spectrum was what was hard for him to accept. As it appears to mostly be a sadomaso book. When I started learning I always went to www.castlerealm.com for my info.

5. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Good idea..Castlerealm is a good place to start also. I make the mistake of thinking that EVERYONE is into masochism like me..which is entirely not the case..lol

6. Eugene Wildwood

Eugene Wildwood Foxbody for life!

LOL. Im a sadist so, I was looking at the book and I was like, well, maybe he should get down the basic's before going after sado/maso haha.